Re: [PanoToolsNG] HTML5 - the true tragedy

  • Raphaël Jacquot
    Message 1 of 43 , Jun 3, 2010
      On 06/04/2010 06:46 AM, blueslander wrote:
      > http://www.apple.com/html5/
      > If you are not running on Safari, don't bother clicking the link

      the fact that apple coded their demo to only work with safari, limiting
      themselves to the features they decided on, after doing their 800 pound
      gorilla to prevent a standard video Codec to be decided on in the spec
      (theora, dirac, whatever) does not show the possibilities that html5
      entails.

      > This is HTML5 showcase site...

      This is *APPLE*'s showcase site, that specifically tests for "is the
      user using safari or whatever else"...

      > Maybe Adobe should sue all those who try to imitate the Flash capabilities?

      That would be like wirlpool suing someong for inventing yet another
      version of the fridge or the washing machine...
      get real

      if http://smokescreen.us/ can write a pretty good flash player in
      Javascript, Javascript is hence superior to flash player !

      so, you sir are a troll of the worst type spewing pro-flash slander...
    • Woody Howard
      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 9, 2010
        I’m jumping in on the tail-end of the conversation but….. I use the Digimarc
        ( https://www.digimarc.com/solutions/images/ ) digital watermarking service
        when I’m worried about image theft. I haven’t tried it yet with panos but
        I’ll bet it works just the same. Embed the code into one of the cube faces.
        If someone “appropriates” the pano and post it online the service can search
        the web for your images and notify you where they are being used. You can
        even use their partner LicenseStream to do the dirty work (send
        notifications of copyright violations, etc..).

        The annual fee for the service may be considered expensive by some but for
        me it’s worth it. I started using it years ago – within weeks I discovered
        that a former customer “took” some of my elevated photography work and was
        reselling the images as stock photography online. I contacted the perp and
        the stock photo company and was rewarded with a check ! I didn’t get rich
        with that check, but it did supply me with enough cash to cover several
        years of the Digimarc service.

        I’ll be buying Pano Cocoon shortly.

        Woody

        <mailto:panolists%40azurevision.co.uk> >wrote:

        > >On 6 Jun 2010, at 12:33, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:
        >>

        >> The VAST majority of professional photographers do exactly that. Go
        >> look at big names like Magnum (standard JPEGs shown via Flash) or
        >> Rankin (not even Flash just HTML) and you'll be hard-pressed to find
        >> encrypted images in general use.
        >

        >Ian, Magnum´s "standard JPEGs" wheter delivered via flash or plain HTML are
        >all branded. Just like many photographers brand the images in their
        >portfolio in some way or other. And most agencies that I know of do
        >likewise. Also, Magnum showcases mostly low resolution, highly compressed
        >images, like this example http://bit.ly/9brZMX . It points to a legit
        Magnum