Re: [PanoToolsNG] Dodecacoptero

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 3, 2010
      Ignacio
      CONGRATZS it is wonderfull.

      and I'm happy we are gonna meet in person this year :-)

      See you
      best
      AYRTON

      2010/6/3 Ignacio Ferrando Margelí <fotografia@...>

      > Hello,
      >
      > I was waiting to do more interesting work to present to you.. but I see
      > that news spreads fast on Internet :-))
      >
      > Ok, we have build this "Dodecacopter" to made sphericals but instead of
      > other solutions that I have see, I was very interested on use the same high
      > quality gear that I normally use... so we have designed it to have enough
      > payload... all the frame is made with carbon fiber and also the landing gear
      > from photoshipone... the fly is electronically controlled with a lot of
      > sensors and we have developed also an automatic shoot system, so when the
      > model is on place it stays alone and with only a command it made all the
      > photos...
      >
      > we just start to use it and we have only made one pano, I used the D3 with
      > the 16mm
      >

      > I hope to do more samples soon
      >
      > regards
      >

      > El 02/06/2010, a las 16:57, Michel Thoby escribió:
      >
      > > I have read that this panorama:
      > > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=dodeka
      > > was a "Primera fotografía esférica con dodecacoptero" and elsewhere that
      > it was shot from an altitude of about 70 m from a RC helicopter under which
      > a Nikon D3 + 10.5 combo was mounted.
      > > I have learnt that the allowable payload of this 12--engine flying
      > platform is possibly more than 3 kg: if true this figure is rather
      > impressive.
      > >
      > > From video images one can see the "dodecaptero" on early flights:
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wp0c2znJQo
      > > The way to shoot Panorama is shown near the end of the video. The fisheye
      > lens seems to be unshaved and six shots may be needed.
      > >
      > > Would Ignacio Ferrando Margeli be kind to tell us more about this aerial
      > panorama photographic means?
      > >
      > > Michel Thoby

      > Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
      >
      > Abaco Digital
      >
      > http://www.abaco-digital.com

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 3, 2010
        1.9 mbps connection in Peru
        27 seconds to load from start to stop.
        No banding in the sky
        You have some great equipment with a very nice result.
        ... boys and their toys... :)

        Trausti

      • prague
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 4, 2010
          yes, 30 seconds now for me.

          still FAR too long to wait, in my opinion, to be able to see something "nice". why not use piecewise loading/multires?

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <360cities@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Ignacio,
          > >
          > > on my 50 megabit connetion, I waited probably a minute (felt like more) for the 4MB pano to load. (I'm in europe.) And when it does load, the sky is totally posterized.
          >

          > I do not see any specially large posterizing on my 27" iMac.
          > And loading takes 26 seconds on my 15 megabit.
          >
          > Hans
          >

          > > Maybe this is only a demo, but you might want to check some image / server settings.
          > >
          > > jeffrey
          > >
          > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Michel Thoby <thobymichel@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello Ignacio,
          > > >
          > > > To "use the same quality gear that you normally use" you said. Well, this first trial seems to show that you are on the right track.
          > > > As the D3 is one of the heaviest SLR and as the 16 mm needs so many shots (i.e. ~ 6 shots around), you have proved that the system is designed with large operational margin if it were used with less demanding gears.
          > > >
          > > > Thank you for the prompt response!
          > > >
          > > > Michel
          > > >
          > > > Le 3 juin 2010 � 11:46, Ignacio Ferrando Margel� a �crit :

        • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 4, 2010
            Jeffrey,

            I have ALL my work coded with FPP and until now I can't not use multires...

            regards

            El 04/06/2010, a las 13:14, prague escribi�:

            > yes, 30 seconds now for me.
            >
            > still FAR too long to wait, in my opinion, to be able to see something "nice". why not use piecewise loading/multires?
            >
            > Messages in this topic (14)
            > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 1
            > Visit Your Group
            > --
            > Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.
            >

            > Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.
            >

            > Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.
            >

            > Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use
            > .

            Ignacio Ferrando Margel�

            Abaco Digital

            http://www.abaco-digital.com

          • Bjørn K Nilssen
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 4, 2010
              On 3 Jun 2010 at 11:46, Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I was waiting to do more interesting work to present to you.. but I see that news
              > spreads fast on Internet :-))

              Yes they do :)
              Looks very interesting!
              Would you share some info on how you made it?
              Type of motors/ESCs/props/gears(?) etc. Gyros and other controllers/micros?

              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 4, 2010
                Correct. Not yet.