Re: [PanoToolsNG] gesture control of panoramas

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
      On 6-3-2010 5:52 AM, Ian Wood's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
      typed ...:
      > I've done a bit of work along these lines, using a motion-capture plug-
      > in for Shockwave, controlling a Spi-V panorama.
      >
      > It can work, but you need to spend a *lot* of time calibrating &
      > tweaking the feedback.

      Plus if it's used in a kiosk situation there's a big chance the camera
      will be confused by people passing by behind the person in front of the
      camera.

      > Ian
      >
      > On 3 Jun 2010, at 13:45, felipe wrote:
      >
      >> Hi, recently I found some software that control the images with
      >> gesture control I mean by a video camera that recognize your hand
      >> movements to control an image.
      >>
      >> I wonder if someone have some experience with this technologies,
      >> those are just novelty gadgets or are real world applicable
      >>
      >> I suppose that this technology will be nice to show panoramas on
      >> kiosks, shopping centers exhibitions, etc
      >>
      >> Regards
      >>
      >> Juan Correa

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large

    • panometr
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2010
        Hi,
        You can control panoramas in Lucid Viewer using the movement of your head.
        Check: www.lucid.it
        Cheers,

        Karol

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "felipe" <felipe_ing@...> wrote:

        > Hi, recently I found some software that control the images with gesture control I mean by a video camera that recognize your hand movements to control an image.
        >
        > I wonder if someone have some experience with this technologies, those are just novelty gadgets or are real world applicable
        >
        > I suppose that this technology will be nice to show panoramas on kiosks, shopping centers exhibitions, etc
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Juan Correa

      • mtherer
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...> wrote:

          > On 6-3-2010 5:52 AM, Ian Wood's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
          > typed ...:
          > > I've done a bit of work along these lines, using a motion-capture plug-
          > > in for Shockwave, controlling a Spi-V panorama.
          > >
          > > It can work, but you need to spend a *lot* of time calibrating &
          > > tweaking the feedback.
          >
          > Plus if it's used in a kiosk situation there's a big chance the camera
          > will be confused by people passing by behind the person in front of the
          > camera.

          That's where the beauty of a system developed by softkinetic comes in, it takes just seconds to calibrate and no worries about the crowd behind you once the camera has locked you. It just works brilliantly. Unfortunately these guys are not much interested in panorama spinning, gaming and TV are their promised industry, maybe someone will come up with something since they are planning an open platform.

          -mickael