Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: D700 vs. 5DMkII dilemma

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2 11:03 PM
      On 5-31-2010 11:39 PM, 1drey's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
      typed ...:
      > Jürgen, thank you for praise and for a word of wisdom!
      >
      > Sleepless nights! exactly :-D
      >
      > Yes, I plan to hav a close look at the Tokina - still leaning to
      > 5DMkII (over Sony - because of better developed Canon's 'system')

      You should consider using the 5DII and a Tokina 10-17mm zoomed to 12mm
      to fill the sensor top to bottom.

      > BTW, here is a fesh pano from 5DMkII+Sigma10:
      > http://pano.1drey.com/various/sexton02.html

      *Nice* low light-level work but there's something wrong with the pano.
      I turned the volume up to 11 and I still can't hear anything. =8^)

      > Cheers,
      > Andrey
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Andrey, my friend, the church pano is really, really outstaning and I
      >> completely understand your dilemma. Nonetheless the only advice I can
      >> give you at the moment is to try to get your hands on a Sony and make
      >> your own tests before you make a final decision. You should also
      >> follow Ayrtons advice and try the Tokina 10-17 once you are testing
      >> anyway.
      >>
      >> I wish you rather few sleepless nights and keep us informed.
      >>
      >> Jürgen

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large