Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Lumix 8mm Fisheye, just 165 grams!

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
      On Jun 1, 2010, at 12:14 PM, robert wrote:

      > For those of you that have jumped into 4/3 how are the remote control options?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Robert

      I have an Olympus E-P2 (love it!) and it has the typical USB connector for a wired remote. I bought a wireless remote that has a receiver plugged into the USB and it does everything the wired one can do.

      The tiny micro 4/3 lenses are very nice to use. I have the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 and it is just amazing; the kit 14-42 that came with the camera is good and very compact. I am having a whole lot of fun using old Olympus Pen-F lenses. I have been very pleasantly surprised by the build and image quality of those lenses. So far, I have the 38mm, 100mm, 150mm, and 250mm Pen-F lenses. The 100mm is only about the size of a Snickers candy bar. I barely stopped myself from buying the Pen-F 400mm that sold recently on ebay for $1500. My wife said she would kill me in my sleep if I bought it 8-) I don't ' think she has any idea how many of the Pen-F lenses I have, especially since I have two each of the 250mm and 100mm. I may have a problem; is there a support group for obsessive lens collectors? If there is, I bet Luca Vascon is a founding member 8-)

      BTW - I am going to be selling off all of my old Nikon and related pano gear; I will start a separate thread on that, however.

      John

      John Riley
      4Pi-VR Media Solutions
      http://4pi-vr.com