Re: D700 vs. 5DMkII dilemma

  • 1drey
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2010
      Jürgen, thank you for praise and for a word of wisdom!

      Sleepless nights! exactly :-D

      Yes, I plan to hav a close look at the Tokina - still leaning to 5DMkII (over Sony - because of better developed Canon's 'system')

      BTW, here is a fesh pano from 5DMkII+Sigma10: http://pano.1drey.com/various/sexton02.html

      Cheers,
      Andrey

      > Andrey, my friend, the church pano is really, really outstaning and I completely understand your dilemma. Nonetheless the only advice I can give you at the moment is to try to get your hands on a Sony and make your own tests before you make a final decision. You should also follow Ayrtons advice and try the Tokina 10-17 once you are testing anyway.
      >
      > I wish you rather few sleepless nights and keep us informed.
      >
      > Jürgen

    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
        On 5-31-2010 11:39 PM, 1drey's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
        typed ...:
        > Jürgen, thank you for praise and for a word of wisdom!
        >
        > Sleepless nights! exactly :-D
        >
        > Yes, I plan to hav a close look at the Tokina - still leaning to
        > 5DMkII (over Sony - because of better developed Canon's 'system')

        You should consider using the 5DII and a Tokina 10-17mm zoomed to 12mm
        to fill the sensor top to bottom.

        > BTW, here is a fesh pano from 5DMkII+Sigma10:
        > http://pano.1drey.com/various/sexton02.html

        *Nice* low light-level work but there's something wrong with the pano.
        I turned the volume up to 11 and I still can't hear anything. =8^)

        > Cheers,
        > Andrey
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Andrey, my friend, the church pano is really, really outstaning and I
        >> completely understand your dilemma. Nonetheless the only advice I can
        >> give you at the moment is to try to get your hands on a Sony and make
        >> your own tests before you make a final decision. You should also
        >> follow Ayrtons advice and try the Tokina 10-17 once you are testing
        >> anyway.
        >>
        >> I wish you rather few sleepless nights and keep us informed.
        >>
        >> Jürgen

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large