Ryubin Pano Player added to the Pano Comparisons list

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2010
      Ryubin's Flash Panorama is now included in the Panorama Comparisons site.

      See
      http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/comparisons/web/ryubin-flash-panorama-comparisons.html

      (or http://bit.ly/9l5e2R)

      Ryubin's Flash Panorama Players are free. There are different players
      for different kinds of panorama content sources; cylindrical,
      cubeface, combined 2x3 cubes, 'doughnuts' and others, and there are
      video as well as still players.
      One quirk of this player is that there's no tilt restriction when you
      reach the zenith or nadir; you can keep turning over and over.
      I make no comment on the quality of the player(s).

      My thanks to Akila Ninomiya for suggesting this. (Three other players
      were also suggested. Two of those appear to be cylindrical-only
      players. The developers of the third, JC Panorama, are currently too
      busy to build the examples for me, but I hope to have those
      eventually.)

      This makes 19 different spherical panorama player examples. This is
      far more than I thought there would be... but does anyone know of any
      others?

    • ahoeben41
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2010
        I see you also have a qtvr mov file there...
        CuTY should be able to play it too
        http://os.ivrpa.org/cuty
      • Keith Martin
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2010
          >CuTY should be able to play it too
          >http://os.ivrpa.org/cuty

          Absolutely! Thanks Aldo, I've added this to the set:
          http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/comparisons/web/cuty-comparisons.html

          Could you verify the info shown regarding first launch date and so on?

        • Flemming V. Larsen
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2010
            Hi Aldo,
            There is a white line (gap between the cubefaces) visual in the
            cuty-comparison setup acros the tall-building.
            When I go fullscreen it isn't there.
            - Flemming
          • Keith Martin
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2010
              Sometime around 1/6/10 (at 00:41 +0200) Flemming V. Larsen said:

              >There is a white line (gap between the cubefaces) visual in the
              >cuty-comparison setup acros the tall-building.

              Good catch! I see it too, and it disappears in fullscreen here as
              well. This player uses QTVR files for the source, so these are direct
              duplicates of the files used for the QTVR example.