Amazon S3 for 360video - Panotools Meeting 2010 (Lucid Viewer)

  • panometr
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2010
      Hi,

      I created video panorama of the second floor of Roland Levinsky Building at the University of Plymouth, where Panotools Meeting 2010 is going to take place in August 2010.

      I managed to upload file (360 video) to Amazon S3.
      I have a problem when displaying interactive version of 360video using Flash panoramic viewer (Lucid.it).

      This is not interactive MOV file:
      http://rlb-uop.s3.amazonaws.com/rlb_1024x512_15fps_fs.mov
      and this should be interactive version, but only sound can be heard:
      http://www.charles3d.info/360video/rlb-uop/

      Why only sound can be heard?
      It works well on my hard drive at home.

      Regards,
      Karol
      University of Plymouth
    • ahoeben41
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2010
        > This is not interactive MOV file:
        > http://rlb-uop.s3.amazonaws.com/rlb_1024x512_15fps_fs.mov
        > and this should be interactive version, but only sound can be heard:
        > http://www.charles3d.info/360video/rlb-uop/
        >
        > Why only sound can be heard?
        > It works well on my hard drive at home.

        I am not 100% sure, but I *think* there is a security/sandbox restriction on doing "stuff" with the image of a (streaming?) video from a domain other than the domain that the video file is on. If that is indeed it, it should magically start working if you also host the swf on the amazon CDN.

        The reason for the above limitation is that Adobe thinks it is a bad idea to allow people to do frame-by-frame grabbing of eg a video hosted on someone else's website.

        'do
      • panometr
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29, 2010
          Hi Aldo,

          Thanks for your post.
          I think it helped.
          I moved all files to S3.
          Have a look:
          http://rlb-uop.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

          How to cover this link and use it as a link to my website?
          Any comments about this video panorama that presents two rooms where Panotools Meeting 2010 is going to take place in August 2010...

          What is amazon CDN?
          Regards,

          Karol

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ahoeben41" <aldo@...> wrote:

          > > This is not interactive MOV file:
          > > http://rlb-uop.s3.amazonaws.com/rlb_1024x512_15fps_fs.mov
          > > and this should be interactive version, but only sound can be heard:
          > > http://www.charles3d.info/360video/rlb-uop/
          > >
          > > Why only sound can be heard?
          > > It works well on my hard drive at home.
          >
          > I am not 100% sure, but I *think* there is a security/sandbox restriction on doing "stuff" with the image of a (streaming?) video from a domain other than the domain that the video file is on. If that is indeed it, it should magically start working if you also host the swf on the amazon CDN.
          >
          > The reason for the above limitation is that Adobe thinks it is a bad idea to allow people to do frame-by-frame grabbing of eg a video hosted on someone else's website.
          >
          > 'do

        • prague
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2010
            Hi Karol,

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panometr" <k_kwiatek@...> wrote:

            > What is amazon CDN?
            > Regards,
            >
            > Karol

            http://tinyurl.com/33vjce6

            :-)
          • ahoeben41
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2010
              You should be able to host the HTML anywhere you want to, it is just the swf and the video that need to be on the same network. Use the full http://... path as the src of the swf. You may have to experiment with specifying the path to the video (in the flash vars) as a full path as well.

              CDN = Content Delivery Network