Re: [PanoToolsNG] iPad queue in Exeter (rough cut)

  • Ian Wood
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2010
      On 28 May 2010, at 23:55, John Riley wrote:

      > That fellow in the nadir doesn't look happy enough for someone
      > getting an iPad! Also, though I am a dyed-in-the-wool Mac guy, it
      > is a little rich that the Apple Store is just across the street from
      > a store named Cult. Thanks for sharing Ian; I am jealous of your
      > new toy.

      The Cult store moved in a year or two later, but it's still a nice
      touch. :-)

      On 29 May 2010, at 00:05, onezebra1 wrote:

      > Looks like you held that monopod very steady, I think using
      > Smartblend would fix what little stitching errors you have.
      > I had thought about getting a Canon 15mm fisheye lens, is your
      > camera mounted off angle between landscape and portrait and how many
      > photos are you shooting with that setup?

      Portrait, tilted down 20 degrees but no rotation. In this case 8-
      around but 6-around does fine if there are no people.

      I got lazy with the zenith shot and didn't raise it back up to the
      right height - combined with having the camera tilted a bit too far
      down, there was actually a missing section along the Cult roofline -
      too much for Smartblend and I doubt content-aware fill would have done
      a lot either. :-(

      Ian