Cross Club, Prague

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 12 , May 27, 2010
      I was in Bratislava and Prague last week with my MA Publishing
      students. While we were there Jeffrey gave a talk to the students
      about 360Cities and then later showed me the Cross Club, a rather
      cool place with some rather surreal structures, lighting and so on. I
      described it in a tweet as being made from "spare industrial parts,
      lemon squeezers and coolness". I think that's actually a fair
      description!

      Anyway, I have a few more to stitch, but the first two are available from here:

      http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/czech/

      Check out the multicoloured light structure in the first one; it is
      made from slowly rotating windscreen wipers and LEDs. If you play
      with it you'll see two exposures there - one's 30 seconds long...

    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 12 , May 27, 2010
        Keith - way cool!

        I had to use my old Vista machine with FireFox and IE to view it. For some
        reason on my Win7 IE8 machine, I got a "cross-club.xml - loading error
        (Security Error). I would have loved to see the panos on that machine with
        its BIG screen. Anyone else get a message like this?

        Mark
        www.pinnacle-vr.com
        www.northernlight.net

      • Bostjan Burger
        Message 3 of 12 , May 27, 2010
          It works fluently with Chrome and Mozilla but with IE8 (64 bit) there is an error message "Adobe flash 9 is needed".Seems to be a cool club - I put is on my list for mid August when I am going to be in Prague with seminar and documenting some places.

          :) Bostjan

          Message 4 of 12 , May 28, 2010
            Sometime around 27/5/10 (at 20:54 -0400) Mark D. Fink said:

            >on my Win7 IE8 machine, I got a "cross-club.xml - loading error
            >(Security Error).

            Curious. The file is called "cross-club-1.xml". It was originally
            called "cross-club.xml" but nothing should reference that any more.

            And Bostjan, it is strange about that Flash 9 message; this page, XML
            and KRPano files are all basically identical to others, apart from
            the XML file's name and reference, and a few changes inside that XML
            file to load a second cubeface as a hotspot. Do you see a similar
            error anywhere else in the site?

          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 12 , May 28, 2010
              On 5-27-2010 5:54 PM, Mark D. Fink's hamster got loose on the keyboard
              and typed ...:
              > Keith - way cool!
              >
              > I had to use my old Vista machine with FireFox and IE to view it. For some
              > reason on my Win7 IE8 machine, I got a "cross-club.xml - loading error
              > (Security Error). I would have loved to see the panos on that machine with
              > its BIG screen. Anyone else get a message like this?

              It's fine here in FF 3.6.3 running in Win 7 Ultimate x64.

              > Mark
              > www.pinnacle-vr.com
              > www.northernlight.net

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large

            • Bostjan Burger
              Message 6 of 12 , May 28, 2010
                I have checked now with Mozzila, Chrome - all latest versions and it works fine with all panoramas. IE8 32 bit latest version same as Mozilla and Chrome ...but with IE 8 64 it doesn't work neither the Cross Club nor other panoramas from your site. The PCs were with my Studio Dell and Toshiba Qosmio both with i7 and Windows 7.
                :) Bostjan

                Message 7 of 12 , May 28, 2010
                  O.k. the problem was solved. I don't use IE as a prime browser and I instaled the 64 version about month ago and actually never noticed that flash panoramas don't play at all ... not  even with my simple made web site. Here is a notice from the Adobe: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html
                  :) Bostjan

                  From: Keith Martin <keith@...>

                  To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                  Date: Friday, May 28, 2010, 10:39 AM

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 28, 2010
                    >Here is a notice from the Adobe: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

                    Phew! Well, sorta. Good to know it isn't something I did wrong,
                    thanks for checking so diligently.

                  • Pat Swovelin
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 28, 2010
                      On 5-28-2010 11:08 AM, Bostjan Burger's hamster got loose on the
                      keyboard and typed ...:
                      > I have checked now with Mozzila, Chrome - all latest versions and it
                      > works fine with all panoramas. IE8 32 bit latest version same as
                      > Mozilla and Chrome ...but with IE 8 64 it doesn't work neither the
                      > Cross Club nor other panoramas from your site. The PCs were with my
                      > Studio Dell and Toshiba Qosmio both with i7 and Windows 7.
                      > :) Bostjan

                      It's the same thing here in IE8x64. Then I went to Arcadia-Motion,
                      Bristol 2010 and there's no rollover image (nor is there one in FF) and
                      I get the same "you need Flash 9" error. Next I went to Glad 2009 and
                      got the same error but it works in FF.

                      Let us know when you've tweaked it so we can test it again.

                      Pat Swovelin
                      Cool Guy @ Large

                    • Pat Swovelin
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 28, 2010
                        On 5-28-2010 11:08 AM, Bostjan Burger's hamster got loose on the
                        keyboard and typed ...:
                        > I have checked now with Mozzila, Chrome - all latest versions and it
                        > works fine with all panoramas. IE8 32 bit latest version same as
                        > Mozilla and Chrome ...but with IE 8 64 it doesn't work neither the
                        > Cross Club nor other panoramas from your site. The PCs were with my
                        > Studio Dell and Toshiba Qosmio both with i7 and Windows 7.
                        > :) Bostjan

                        It's the same thing here in IE8x64 in Win 7 Ultimate x64. Then I went

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 28, 2010
                          >Let us know when you've tweaked it so we can test it again.

                          Sounds like the problem lies with Adobe (Flash 32-bit in 64-bit
                          browser) rather than me. But if there's something I CAN do, and
                          someone can tell me what that might be...

                        • prague
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 1, 2010
                            I looooooove cross club :-)

                            Every visitor I have comes with me to cross club. If they can take it :)

                            I shot a few half-gigapixels in here (5d, 45mm) but they're not stitched yet. Hopefully I can dig them out soon....

                            The sad thing is I'm almost never in a mood to bring all my gear to a smoky club (usually after midnight), so I really haven't documented how much it's changed over the last 5-6 years. 5 years ago almost none of this was here at all. The owner has somehow turned his inspiration into a movement, and gotten a lot of people involved and helping him. Sometimes entire rooms change between one visit and the next. Really amazing place.