tour on CD, how to create the route if the unit is not D:

  • felipe
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26 6:38 PM
      Hi, recently a client asked me to create a tour off line, by the distribution on CD, I made my first attemp creating the routes to the unit D:

      When I tried to show it (it worked on two computers at home) on my client computer as a demostration, this machine used the units as:
      C: and D: as local hard disk
      E: for the CD room.

      the result = it doesn't work

      I use to create the tours pano2vr, so how can I create the routes to the html files?

      Thanks

      Juan Felipe
    • Rick Drew
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26 6:44 PM
        Don't use absolute paths. Edit the HTML code so you only have a backslash -
        \ - not E:\

        That way it always uses the root relative to the drive, and ignores the
        drive letter.

        Rick drew

        Message 3 of 6 , May 27 1:39 PM
          I made alot of attemps, for example:
          ../apartamento.html
          also /apartamento.html

          but it doesn´t work

          only If I put

          E:/apartamento.html (I use my USB as tester)

          also the autorun.info doesn´t work (my antivirus stoped it)
          the icon.ico doesn´t work on vista (on XP some time ago it works so nice)

          do you know a tutorial on this tasks?

          Regards

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Drew" <rick@...> wrote:

          > Don't use absolute paths. Edit the HTML code so you only have a backslash -
          > \ - not E:\
          >

          > That way it always uses the root relative to the drive, and ignores the
          > drive letter.
          >

          > Rick drew

        • Paulo Fernandes
          Message 4 of 6 , May 27 3:36 PM
            If your autorun.ini is on the root of the pendrive/cd and the html is
            in the same place you just call apartamento.html

            Enviado desde o meu telemóvel.
            Sent from my mobile phone.
            ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
            Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia
            e Multimédia
            Calçada do Lidador, 22, 1ºAndar
            4480-690 Vila do Conde Portugal
            Tel. +351 252 119 375
            Fax. +351 252 119 375
            ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

          • felipe
            Message 5 of 6 , May 27 4:36 PM
              Thanks that´s ok with autorun.ini, I will try

              but my biggest problem is to route the different files html making the tour to a CD room. the client will have the CD on the drive D: or E: it depends on the computer configuration

              So I need a "joker direction" to make the tour to work any time at the CD with no problem on the drive name...

              Regards

              Juan Felipe

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paulo Fernandes <paulo.jf@...> wrote:

              > If your autorun.ini is on the root of the pendrive/cd and the html is
              > in the same place you just call apartamento.html
              >
              > Enviado desde o meu telemóvel.
              > Sent from my mobile phone.
              > ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
              > Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia
              > e Multimédia
              > Calçada do Lidador, 22, 1ºAndar
              > 4480-690 Vila do Conde Portugal
              > Tel. +351 252 119 375
              > Fax. +351 252 119 375
              > ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
              >
              > On 2010/05/27, at 21:39, "felipe" <felipe_ing@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I made alot of attemps, for example:
              > > ../apartamento.html
              > > also /apartamento.html
              > >
              > > but it doesn´t work
              > >
              > > only If I put
              > >
              > > E:/apartamento.html (I use my USB as tester)
              > >
              > > also the autorun.info doesn´t work (my antivirus stoped it)
              > > the icon.ico doesn´t work on vista (on XP some time ago it works so
              > > nice)
              > >
              > > do you know a tutorial on this tasks?
              > >
              > > Regards
              > >
              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Drew" <rick@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Don't use absolute paths. Edit the HTML code so you only have a
              > > backslash -
              > > > \ - not E:\
              > > >

              > > > That way it always uses the root relative to the drive, and
              > > ignores the
              > > > drive letter.
              > > >

              > > > Rick drew

            • felipe
              Message 6 of 6 , May 30 3:47 PM
                Finally I made !!!
                the trick was to write ./file.html

                that small single point and then /

                it works :D

                the final situation is that each step opens a new window, the result is a lot of windows, so when I try to go back, the old opened window doesn't reacts (by it's open as all the all windows)

                can I control if it opens a new window or open in the present window?

                regards

                Juan Felipe