Re: [PanoToolsNG] Where is the lens softening correction function in DXO

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2010
      On Thu, 27 May 2010 03:05:16 +0900, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

      > On 5/21/10 6:40 PM, Roger D. Williams wrote:
      >
      >> I love DXO, and would use it exclusively if it provided modules for the
      >> lenses I use.

      > DXO wants an expensive upgrade (Elite) just to be able to use it with
      > the D700, and I imagine it will never offer a module for the D700/shaved
      > 10.5mm combination.
      >
      > So I just gave up on DXO and now I use Adobe's Camera Raw for RAW
      > processing..

      I am slightly better off than you, but spotty support of my lenses makes
      DX0 use very frustrating. FOr instance, I have the Tamron 11-18mm wide-
      angle zoom, which was supported on the D200. But I swapped the D200 for
      a D300, which does not support this lens. Nor does the Fujifilm S5 which
      I got for its still unbeaten dynamic range.

      I know nothing about ACR. Does it come with PS CS5? Or as an extra-cost
      option? I suppose I should search, but I am so annoyed by Adobe's refusal
      to sell me the English version of CS5 from the US that I'd rather ask
      someone who knows...

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com