Software recommendations

  • alang633
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2006
      I am an experienced photographer that wants to start doing panoramas
      and want to know if anyone has a detailed comparison of stitching
      software options. I want to be able to do spherical panoramas as well
      as linear. Is there a do it all product or is there one that does one
      kind of panorama better? Also what is the best way to show 360
      panoramas? Any recommendations or suggestions would be helpful. I am
      currently working on a PC running Windows XP (P4-3Ghz. 1gig Ram). Also
      considering a new Macbook Pro so would like something that is cross
      platform compatible. Thanks
    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2006
        PTGUI is the thing for you to look for

        Willy

        On Nov 26, 2006, at 7:55, alang633 wrote:

        > I am an experienced photographer that wants to start doing panoramas
        > and want to know if anyone has a detailed comparison of stitching
        > software options. I want to be able to do spherical panoramas as well
        > as linear. Is there a do it all product or is there one that does one
        > kind of panorama better? Also what is the best way to show 360
        > panoramas? Any recommendations or suggestions would be helpful. I am
        > currently working on a PC running Windows XP (P4-3Ghz. 1gig Ram). Also
        > considering a new Macbook Pro so would like something that is cross
        > platform compatible. Thanks

      • panobucko
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2006
          Hans Nyberg provides a comprehensive listing of pano stitchers and
          viewers on the following links:

          http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/software.html
          http://www.panoramas.dk/quicktime/qtvr/viewers.html