news = flash => iphone

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 30 , May 25, 2010
      This is not SPAM !!!

      <http://www.bestappsite.com/2010/05/25/finally-i-have-flash-on-my-iphone/>

      it is just a normal link, coming from a panographer to show you guys INFOS
      on something new

      best

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
    • michael crane
      Message 2 of 30 , May 25, 2010

        =====> Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Full & Real Flash "on" a iPhone
        From: "Roger Howard" <rogerhoward@...>
        Date: Tue, May 18, 2010 10:17 pm
        To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

        please try to keep up :-p

        mick
      • 3z@vrmag.org
        Message 3 of 30 , May 25, 2010
          yes, but the app is available only on US store ... grrrrrr ....

          On May 25, 2010, at 7:40 PM, AYRTON wrote:

          > This is not SPAM !!!
          >
          > <http://www.bestappsite.com/2010/05/25/finally-i-have-flash-on-my-iphone/>
          >
          > it is just a normal link, coming from a panographer to show you guys INFOS
          > on something new
          >
          > best
          >
          > ------------
          > | A Y R |
          > | T O N |

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 30 , May 25, 2010
            But it works !!!

            i can even hear the sound on the panos made with FPP

            best
            AYRTON

            On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM, 3z@... <3z@...> wrote:

            > yes, but the app is available only on US store ... grrrrrr ....
            >

            > On May 25, 2010, at 7:40 PM, AYRTON wrote:
            >
            > > This is not SPAM !!!
            > >
            > > <
            > http://www.bestappsite.com/2010/05/25/finally-i-have-flash-on-my-iphone/>
            > >
            > > it is just a normal link, coming from a panographer to show you guys
            > INFOS
            > > on something new
            > >
            > > best
            > >
            > > ------------
            > > | A Y R |
            > > | T O N |

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
          • Ian Wood
            Message 5 of 30 , May 25, 2010
              It does roughly the same thing as the Opera browser for iPhone OS -
              renders in a desktop browser on a remote computer and sends a live
              feed of the screen.

              Apart from bandwidth issues, you'd want to be very confident about
              confidentiality before logging in to any important sites via the app...

              Ian
            • Trausti Hraunfjord
              Message 6 of 30 , May 25, 2010
                Why not buy it from the US store if it's only available there?

                Don't tell me that these iDevices can only buy locally, from the local
                iStore around the corner?
                THAT would be too funny :)

                Trausti

                Message 7 of 30 , May 25, 2010
                  On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Ian Wood <panolists@...>wrote:

                  > It does roughly the same thing as the Opera browser for iPhone OS -
                  > renders in a desktop browser on a remote computer and sends a live
                  > feed of the screen.
                  >
                  > Apart from bandwidth issues,

                  Ian,
                  in Brazil the iPhone is so POPULAR,
                  that it has unlimited internet band use

                  So I don't pay for using it all day long ...

                  It's included in my 500 minutes plan

                  best
                  AYRTON

                  > you'd want to be very confident about
                  > confidentiality before logging in to any important sites via the app...
                  >
                  > Ian

                  ------------
                  | A Y R |
                  | T O N |
                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 30 , May 25, 2010
                    On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
                    trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

                    > Why not buy it from the US store if it's only available there?
                    >
                    > Don't tell me that these iDevices can only buy locally, from the local
                    > iStore around the corner?
                    > THAT would be too funny :)

                    I have two accounts
                    one in the Brazilian store
                    and one in the US store

                    best
                    AYRTON

                    > Trausti
                    >

                    > > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM, 3z@... <3z%40vrmag.org> <
                    > > 3z@... <3z%40vrmag.org>> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > yes, but the app is available only on US store ... grrrrrr ....

                    ------------
                    | A Y R |
                    | T O N |
                  • Roger D. Williams
                    Message 9 of 30 , May 25, 2010
                      On Wed, 26 May 2010 10:00:44 +0900, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                      > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
                      > trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> Why not buy it from the US store if it's only available there?
                      >>
                      >> Don't tell me that these iDevices can only buy locally, from the local
                      >> iStore around the corner?
                      >> THAT would be too funny :)
                      >>

                      > I have two accounts
                      > one in the Brazilian store
                      > and one in the US store

                      How did you manage that, Ayrton? I'd like to do the same but I get a
                      message saying I have to go through the Japanese iTunes store.

                      Roger

                      --
                      Business: www.adex-japan.com
                      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
                      Message 10 of 30 , May 25, 2010
                        2010/5/25 Roger D. Williams <roger@...>

                        > On Wed, 26 May 2010 10:00:44 +0900, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
                        > > trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > >> Why not buy it from the US store if it's only available there?
                        > >>
                        > >> Don't tell me that these iDevices can only buy locally, from the local
                        > >> iStore around the corner?
                        > >> THAT would be too funny :)
                        > >>

                        > > I have two accounts
                        > > one in the Brazilian store
                        > > and one in the US store
                        >

                        > How did you manage that, Ayrton? I'd like to do the same but I get a
                        > message saying I have to go through the Japanese iTunes store.

                        You must have:
                        one US address
                        and
                        one US credit card
                        both with valid infos

                        Since I have both, I did create an US account too

                        best
                        AYRTON

                        > Roger
                        >
                        > --
                        > Business: www.adex-japan.com

                        ------------
                        | A Y R |
                        | T O N |
                      • Roger D. Williams
                        Message 11 of 30 , May 25, 2010
                          On Wed, 26 May 2010 10:45:57 +0900, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                          >> > I have two accounts
                          >> > one in the Brazilian store
                          >> > and one in the US store
                          >>

                          >> How did you manage that, Ayrton? I'd like to do the same but I get a
                          >> message saying I have to go through the Japanese iTunes store.
                          >>

                          > You must have:
                          > one US address
                          > and
                          > one US credit card
                          > both with valid infos
                          >
                          > Since I have both, I did create an US account too

                          I suppose the next question should be "how did you manage THAT?" but
                          I don't suppose it would help ME.

                          Thanks anyway...

                          Roger

                          Message 12 of 30 , May 25, 2010
                            That's amazing... I had no idea the iShop system was so closed and narrow
                            minded.
                            What is the reasoning behind having it this way?
                            There has to be some logic backing this up, some benefits the users have
                            from this?
                            People would not accept such a system without it being better for them in
                            some way?

                            ... or am I wrong?

                            Trausti

                            Message 13 of 30 , May 25, 2010

                              > >> How did you manage that, Ayrton? I'd like to do the same but I get a
                              > >> message saying I have to go through the Japanese iTunes store.
                              > >>

                              > > You must have:
                              > > one US address
                              > > and
                              > > one US credit card
                              > > both with valid infos
                              > >
                              > > Since I have both, I did create an US account too
                              >
                              > I suppose the next question should be "how did you manage THAT?" but
                              > I don't suppose it would help ME.

                              Family address
                              and a card from my bank account there :-)

                              cheers
                              AYRTON

                              > Thanks anyway...
                              >
                              > Roger
                              >
                              > --
                              > Business: www.adex-japan.com

                              ------------
                              | A Y R |
                              | T O N |
                            • ingemar_b
                              Message 14 of 30 , May 25, 2010
                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>
                                > wrote:
                                >
                                > That's amazing... I had no idea the iShop system was so closed and narrow
                                > minded.
                                > What is the reasoning behind having it this way?

                                Actually it's not Apple that enforces this. It's the developer. When a developer publishes an app to the App Store they can decide which part of the world they want it to be available in. As a default the all countries/regions are selected when publishing.
                                The developer of CloudBrowser has restricted the sales of their app to the US market.
                                I can't understand why a developer would want to restrict selling an app to certain areas in general, but this one may be because of server-load/traffic concerns if there were too many users...

                                / Ingemar
                              • Trausti Hraunfjord
                                Message 15 of 30 , May 25, 2010
                                  Thanks for the clarification. It makes complete sense.

                                  For a few moments (hours) I actually thought there was some draconian Big
                                  Steve Jobs Brother who would be restricting apps from being sold globally.
                                  I have never used these devices or the iStore services online, so I had no
                                  idea.

                                  I know there are some data restriction laws in the US. Under these laws, it
                                  can be illegal to provide software to certain parts of the world, and maybe
                                  the creator of this app just wanted to avoid any conflicts with the
                                  system.... but more likely it is about the server load.

                                  Thanks again.

                                  Trausti

                                  On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:34 AM, ingemar_b <ingemar@...> wrote:

                                  > Actually it's not Apple that enforces this. It's the developer. When a
                                  > developer publishes an app to the App Store they can decide which part of
                                  > the world they want it to be available in. As a default the all
                                  > countries/regions are selected when publishing.
                                  > The developer of CloudBrowser has restricted the sales of their app to the
                                  > US market.
                                  > I can't understand why a developer would want to restrict selling an app to
                                  > certain areas in general, but this one may be because of server-load/traffic
                                  > concerns if there were too many users...
                                  >
                                  > / Ingemar

                                • Willy Kaemena
                                  Message 16 of 30 , May 26, 2010
                                    Ingemar that is quite right what you explained but there is more in the history. As the app store is tied to itunes, it began with the music store. As Apple was forced to negotiate with the music industry for each and every country we have now the itunes/app store for each country preventing people to go shopping for music in other countries. In countries where Apple could not or did not reached a result with the music industry like in Brazil, Apple was forced, with the introduction of iphone and ipod touch, to give access to an app .store which is enforced by your credit card address to your country of residence( billing address)
                                    So it was not Apple's fault or idea to enforce country stores. A side effect could have been also sales tax / VAT for each country.

                                    Hope that explains for the Apple ignorant people here in the list the situation...

                                    Willy

                                    On May 26, 2010, at 8:34, ingemar_b wrote:

                                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>
                                    > > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > That's amazing... I had no idea the iShop system was so closed and narrow
                                    > > minded.
                                    > > What is the reasoning behind having it this way?
                                    >
                                    > Actually it's not Apple that enforces this. It's the developer. When a developer publishes an app to the App Store they can decide which part of the world they want it to be available in. As a default the all countries/regions are selected when publishing.
                                    > The developer of CloudBrowser has restricted the sales of their app to the US market.
                                    > I can't understand why a developer would want to restrict selling an app to certain areas in general, but this one may be because of server-load/traffic concerns if there were too many users...
                                    >
                                    > / Ingemar

                                  • prague
                                    Message 17 of 30 , May 26, 2010
                                      trausti, of course the reason is to oppress people like you who don't deserve what we "special people" have available.

                                      (this is a joke)

                                      > That's amazing... I had no idea the iShop system was so closed and narrow
                                      > minded.
                                      > What is the reasoning behind having it this way?
                                      > There has to be some logic backing this up, some benefits the users have
                                      > from this?
                                      > People would not accept such a system without it being better for them in
                                      > some way?
                                      >
                                      > ... or am I wrong?
                                      >
                                      > Trausti
                                      >

                                      > 2010/5/25 Roger D. Williams <roger@...>

                                      > > > You must have:
                                      > > > one US address
                                      > > > and
                                      > > > one US credit card
                                      > > > both with valid infos
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Since I have both, I did create an US account too

                                    • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                                      Message 18 of 30 , May 26, 2010
                                        Hi Ayrton!
                                        Hi Roger!
                                        Hi All!

                                        2010/5/25 AYRTON <avi@...>

                                        > You must have:
                                        > one US address
                                        > and
                                        > one US credit card
                                        > both with valid infos
                                        > ___

                                        I created an account with only a valid US adress and a US gift card. I also
                                        have my local, México, account. I rarely use any of them, but the US account
                                        definitely has much more content.

                                        Greetings from the subtropical regions of Mexico

                                        --
                                        L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                                        felipe@...

                                      • Trausti Hraunfjord
                                        Message 19 of 30 , May 26, 2010
                                          I knew it! There are conspiracies everywhere! I think I even spotted Elvis
                                          the other day... but he had no iPhone... so I am not really sure if it
                                          really was him... after all he's supposed to be "special" ... but without
                                          iPhone he would just be a normal bloke...

                                          Actually I quite appreciate being put in place with the logical information
                                          (and jokes). Willy's iTunes history lesson did ring some of my dusty bells
                                          of recollection.

                                          Thanks again for setting me straight on this.

                                          Trausti

                                          On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM, prague <360cities@...> wrote:

                                          > trausti, of course the reason is to oppress people like you who don't
                                          > deserve what we "special people" have available.
                                          >
                                          > (this is a joke)

                                        • Fernando Costa Pinto
                                          Message 20 of 30 , May 26, 2010
                                            Funny ..I saw Elvis too ..and I was with rock...
                                            That can only be to confirm something ...what was it really ?

                                            On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
                                            trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

                                            > I knew it! There are conspiracies everywhere! I think I even spotted Elvis
                                            > the other day... but he had no iPhone... so I am not really sure if it
                                            > really was him... after all he's supposed to be "special" ... but without
                                            > iPhone he would just be a normal bloke...
                                            >
                                            > Actually I quite appreciate being put in place with the logical information
                                            > (and jokes). Willy's iTunes history lesson did ring some of my dusty bells
                                            > of recollection.
                                            >
                                            > Thanks again for setting me straight on this.
                                            >
                                            > Trausti
                                            >

                                            > On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM, prague <360cities@...<360cities%40gmail.com>>
                                            > wrote:
                                            >

                                            > > trausti, of course the reason is to oppress people like you who don't
                                            > > deserve what we "special people" have available.
                                            > >
                                            > > (this is a joke)

                                          • Trausti Hraunfjord
                                            Message 21 of 30 , May 26, 2010
                                              Just a mirror reflection of myself after eating, drinking and drugging too
                                              much I guess....

                                              Message 22 of 30 , May 26, 2010
                                                On Thu, 27 May 2010 01:35:04 +0900, L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                                                <felipe@...> wrote:

                                                > Hi Ayrton!
                                                > Hi Roger!
                                                > Hi All!
                                                >
                                                > 2010/5/25 AYRTON <avi@...>
                                                >

                                                >> You must have:
                                                >> one US address
                                                >> and
                                                >> one US credit card
                                                >> both with valid infos
                                                >> ___
                                                >>

                                                > I created an account with only a valid US adress and a US gift card. I
                                                > also
                                                > have my local, México, account. I rarely use any of them, but the US
                                                > account
                                                > definitely has much more content.

                                                That's interesting! My sister lives in the US. I also have gmail, hotmail
                                                and Yahoo addresses I could use... and to avoid the use of a credit card
                                                undeniably based in Japan I guess I could just buy myself gift cards... The
                                                point being that a gift card bought anywhere can be used at iTune stores
                                                anywhere else. Neat!

                                                Thank you very much, Felipe!

                                                Roger W.

                                                Message 23 of 30 , May 26, 2010
                                                  Hi Roger!

                                                  2010/5/26 Roger D. Williams <roger@...>

                                                  > That's interesting! My sister lives in the US. I also have gmail, hotmail
                                                  > and Yahoo addresses I could use... and to avoid the use of a credit card
                                                  > undeniably based in Japan I guess I could just buy myself gift cards... The
                                                  > point being that a gift card bought anywhere can be used at iTune stores
                                                  > anywhere else. Neat!

                                                  For mexican itunes store I've bought mexican gift cards. For USA store I've
                                                  bought US cards from eBay. (you end up paying about 20% more)

                                                  --
                                                  L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                                                  felipe@...

                                                • Roger D. Williams
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , May 27, 2010
                                                    On Thu, 27 May 2010 09:17:15 +0900, L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                                                    <felipe@...> wrote:

                                                    > Hi Roger!

                                                    Hi to you, Felipe!

                                                    > 2010/5/26 Roger D. Williams <roger@...>
                                                    >

                                                    >> That's interesting! My sister lives in the US. I also have gmail,
                                                    >> hotmail
                                                    >> and Yahoo addresses I could use... and to avoid the use of a credit card
                                                    >> undeniably based in Japan I guess I could just buy myself gift cards...
                                                    >> The
                                                    >> point being that a gift card bought anywhere can be used at iTune stores
                                                    >> anywhere else. Neat!
                                                    >>
                                                    > For mexican itunes store I've bought mexican gift cards. For USA store
                                                    > I've bought US cards from eBay. (you end up paying about 20% more)

                                                    Hmmm, a 20% surcharge is not so attractive, although if it means access to
                                                    things I wouldn't be able to buy at all, I suppose it might be worth it.
                                                    Far, far off topic, I know, but I used to try to buy E-books to read on my
                                                    iPhone, but often the copyrights have not been negotiated for Japan, so I
                                                    get all through the payment process only to have the transaction refused
                                                    at the last minute. There should be a warning before that! It is really
                                                    annoying...

                                                    Roger W.

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , May 27, 2010
                                                      Hi Roger!

                                                      2010/5/27 Roger D. Williams <roger@...>

                                                      > Hmmm, a 20% surcharge is not so attractive, although if it means access to
                                                      > things I wouldn't be able to buy at all, I suppose it might be worth it.

                                                      It depends of the eBay seller I find. I only use this option for content not
                                                      available to México (i.e. the last episode of lost, which my Tivo didn't
                                                      recorded complete).

                                                      If you have a relative living in the US, then ask them to buy yoy a gift
                                                      card and send you the activation code. That should work.

                                                      --
                                                      L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                                                      felipe@...

                                                    • Terry Thrift
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , May 27, 2010
                                                        Server accessibility makes sense.
                                                        In some other cases it may be inability to provide customer support.

                                                        Many small US based app developers probably know only 1 (or 2) human languages. They might be choosing to sell into countries whose dominant language they have in common. Otherwise, they can't provide customer support.

                                                        If Apple could have an app buyer declare his/her written languages and allow developers to declare their customer support languages, then apps might be sold more widely.

                                                        -Terry-

                                                        On May 26, 2010, at 1:34 AM, ingemar_b wrote:

                                                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>
                                                        >> wrote:
                                                        >>
                                                        >> That's amazing... I had no idea the iShop system was so closed and narrow
                                                        >> minded.
                                                        >> What is the reasoning behind having it this way?
                                                        >

                                                        > Actually it's not Apple that enforces this. It's the developer. When a developer publishes an app to the App Store they can decide which part of the world they want it to be available in. As a default the all countries/regions are selected when publishing.
                                                        > The developer of CloudBrowser has restricted the sales of their app to the US market.
                                                        > I can't understand why a developer would want to restrict selling an app to certain areas in general, but this one may be because of server-load/traffic concerns if there were too many users...
                                                        >
                                                        > / Ingemar

                                                      • AYRTON
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , May 27, 2010
                                                          Guys
                                                          the app
                                                          this one
                                                          is
                                                          FREE !!!

                                                          best
                                                          AYRTON

                                                          On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Terry Thrift <terry@...> wrote:

                                                          > Server accessibility makes sense.
                                                          > In some other cases it may be inability to provide customer support.
                                                          >
                                                          > Many small US based app developers probably know only 1 (or 2) human
                                                          > languages. They might be choosing to sell into countries whose dominant
                                                          > language they have in common. Otherwise, they can't provide customer
                                                          > support.
                                                          >
                                                          > If Apple could have an app buyer declare his/her written languages and
                                                          > allow developers to declare their customer support languages, then apps
                                                          > might be sold more widely.
                                                          >
                                                          > -Terry-
                                                          >

                                                          > On May 26, 2010, at 1:34 AM, ingemar_b wrote:
                                                          >
                                                          > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Trausti Hraunfjord
                                                          > <trausti.hraunfjord@...>
                                                          > >> wrote:
                                                          > >>
                                                          > >> That's amazing... I had no idea the iShop system was so closed and
                                                          > narrow
                                                          > >> minded.
                                                          > >> What is the reasoning behind having it this way?
                                                          > >

                                                          > > Actually it's not Apple that enforces this. It's the developer. When a
                                                          > developer publishes an app to the App Store they can decide which part of
                                                          > the world they want it to be available in. As a default the all
                                                          > countries/regions are selected when publishing.
                                                          > > The developer of CloudBrowser has restricted the sales of their app to
                                                          > the US market.
                                                          > > I can't understand why a developer would want to restrict selling an app
                                                          > to certain areas in general, but this one may be because of
                                                          > server-load/traffic concerns if there were too many users...
                                                          > >
                                                          > > / Ingemar

                                                          | A Y R |
                                                          | T O N |
                                                        • Fernando Costa Pinto
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , May 27, 2010
                                                            eheh

                                                            Message 29 of 30 , May 28, 2010
                                                            • Nieuwsberichten
                                                              Message 30 of 30 , May 30, 2010
                                                                Good to hear that Flash was not the "killer" app :-)