Re: Tucson Mission #6

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 7 , May 22 1:50 PM
      Sure, Peter, sure.

      5D MkII, 15mm, 7 exposures (will check for ISO, f-stop and shutter-speed later), but 9 would have been better ;)

      Shot in RAW, developed with Lightroom, built HDRs with Photomatix, stitched with PTGui, tonemapped with Photomatix and Picturenaut and merged both images finally in Photoshop.

      Crucial of course is the tonemapping process and as you may guess this is individul for each image. Usually I get along with a result either from Photomatix or Picturenaut (don't be shy and even use global tonemappers), but here I felt it was best to use results from both and process them in PS roughly following a path Christian Bloch once has described (only have a link to a German version http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1255897629). Thre is no rule, just always look at the result, avoid wrong colours and take care of a good contrast and depth (thank you Jann, for always reminding me).

      J├╝rgen

      Oh, I almost forgot: In my model of the world the secret of beautiful pictures lies not in the technical part of the photography, but I admit that the right technique can help to reveal it ;)