New Multi-resolution (tiled display) iPad/Phone VR app

  • cheathamlane_360
    Message 1 of 9 , May 21, 2010
      Here's a short video of interaction on a new VR portfolio / virtual tour app we're working on!

      This is just a bare bones run-through of it working, showing multi-resolution tiled display delivered over the Internet.

      This is a standalone app for iPad & iPhone. Over-the-Internet tiled delivery gets around any file-size limitations inherent to apps and/or HTML5 Web viewing on iPad/iPhone. We're working on being able to easily store VRs directly on iPad/iPhone as well.

      http://www.lightspeedmedia.biz/ipad_demo/20100521_iPad_VR/

      See contact info at the link above, if you should have questions or want more info. Enjoy SpaceShipOne!

      Patrick
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 9 , May 21, 2010
        On Sat, 22 May 2010 07:11:53 +0900, cheathamlane_360
        <patrick@...> wrote:

        Hi, Patrick

        > Here's a short video of interaction on a new VR portfolio / virtual tour
        > app we're working on!
        > This is just a bare bones run-through of it working, showing
        > multi-resolution tiled display delivered over the Internet.
        >
        > This is a standalone app for iPad & iPhone. Over-the-Internet tiled
        > delivery gets around any file-size limitations inherent to apps and/or
        > HTML5 Web viewing on iPad/iPhone. We're working on being able to easily
        > store VRs directly on iPad/iPhone as well.
        >
        > http://www.lightspeedmedia.biz/ipad_demo/20100521_iPad_VR/
        >
        > See contact info at the link above, if you should have questions or want
        > more info. Enjoy SpaceShipOne!

        The above says for iPhone and iPad, but my iPhone only showed a static
        image however long I waited.

        Also, since typing long URLs is such a pain on a touch screen, the iPhone
        in particular, a "tiny" URL would be a good idea to keep users happy.

        Roger W.

        --
        Business: www.adex-japan.com
        Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        Message 3 of 9 , May 21, 2010

          > On Sat, 22 May 2010 07:11:53 +0900, cheathamlane_360
          > <patrick@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hi, Patrick
          >
          > > Here's a short video of interaction on a new VR portfolio / virtual tour
          > > app we're working on!
          > > This is just a bare bones run-through of it working, showing
          > > multi-resolution tiled display delivered over the Internet.
          > >
          > > This is a standalone app for iPad & iPhone. Over-the-Internet tiled
          > > delivery gets around any file-size limitations inherent to apps and/or
          > > HTML5 Web viewing on iPad/iPhone. We're working on being able to easily
          > > store VRs directly on iPad/iPhone as well.
          > >
          > > http://www.lightspeedmedia.biz/ipad_demo/20100521_iPad_VR/
          > >
          > > See contact info at the link above, if you should have questions or want
          > > more info. Enjoy SpaceShipOne!

          > The above says for iPhone and iPad, but my iPhone only showed a static
          > image however long I waited.

          Hi Roger:

          The APP is for iPhone & iPad... :-)

          I used QuickTime to export to all formats (computer/mobile), and just used the default Apple automagical embedding, which is -supposed- to sniff out the proper video to display for your device (computer, iPhone, etc). Sorry if it didn't do it automagically.

          > Also, since typing long URLs is such a pain on a touch screen, the iPhone
          > in particular, a "tiny" URL would be a good idea to keep users happy.

          Understood. If only my ISP would allow me to send 'tiny' URLs through their mail system. That said, when we update the video (probably this weekend or early next week) I'll give it a go.

          Cheers,

          Patrick
        • jrgen_schrader
          Message 4 of 9 , May 21, 2010
            Everything works fine on my iPhone.
            Tapped the link in the group message, tapped the image, watched the film.

            Thank you Patrick, that looks very promising. I hate to see my precious panoramas blurred on the iPhone screen!

            Now I hope this can make use of Krpano tiles ;)

            Cheers
            Jürgen

            > On Sat, 22 May 2010 07:11:53 +0900, cheathamlane_360
            > <patrick@...> wrote:
            >
            > Hi, Patrick
            >
            > > Here's a short video of interaction on a new VR portfolio / virtual tour
            > > app we're working on!
            > > This is just a bare bones run-through of it working, showing
            > > multi-resolution tiled display delivered over the Internet.
            > >
            > > This is a standalone app for iPad & iPhone. Over-the-Internet tiled
            > > delivery gets around any file-size limitations inherent to apps and/or
            > > HTML5 Web viewing on iPad/iPhone. We're working on being able to easily
            > > store VRs directly on iPad/iPhone as well.
            > >
            > > http://www.lightspeedmedia.biz/ipad_demo/20100521_iPad_VR/
            > >
            > > See contact info at the link above, if you should have questions or want
            > > more info. Enjoy SpaceShipOne!
            >
            > The above says for iPhone and iPad, but my iPhone only showed a static
            > image however long I waited.
            >
            > Also, since typing long URLs is such a pain on a touch screen, the iPhone
            > in particular, a "tiny" URL would be a good idea to keep users happy.
            >
            > Roger W.
            >
            > --
            > Business: www.adex-japan.com
            > Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

          • Briar
            Message 5 of 9 , May 23, 2010
              I have produced a equi pan, which a client wants converted to QTVR. No
              problem, I downloaded Pano2VR2.3.3 and converted it.
              But when I tried to play it in QT Player all I see is a musical note
              (quaver, very appropriate). I am using 64-bit Pano, and PTGui to get to
              this point, am I missing something obvious or what?
              Help please, Briar.

            • Woody Howard
              Message 6 of 9 , May 24, 2010
                Briar,

                If you haven't downloaded the latest Quicktime Player then you need to do
                so. The older versions would not work with 64 bit machines. The new release
                takes care of the issue.

                Woody

              • cheathamlane_360
                Message 7 of 9 , May 24, 2010

                  > Everything works fine on my iPhone.
                  > Tapped the link in the group message, tapped the image, watched the film.
                  >
                  > Thank you Patrick, that looks very promising. I hate to see my precious panoramas blurred on the iPhone screen!
                  >
                  > Now I hope this can make use of Krpano tiles ;)
                  >
                  > Cheers
                  > Jürgen

                  Hey Jürgen!

                  Right now the tiling for the iPhone/iPad app is using the DeepZoom standard; Not sure if that's what other folks are using for Flash delivery.

                  See link below for Zephyr's Java-based tiling utility:
                  http://os.ivrpa.org/panosalado/downloads

                  Cheers,

                  Patrick

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 30, 2010
                      Hi Patrick
                      I understand better the non-communication on Panosalado the last few
                      months.
                      Great work
                      Did you have more information about this viewer? I have a project which
                      need this multi-resolution feature.
                      Thanks
                      Regards
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "cheathamlane_360" <patrick@...>