matching points

  • Miguel
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2010
      Hi, my name is Miguel Angel and this is my first post. I live in Tenerife (Spain) and I'm developed an application called Imagen3D

      I use the autopano-sift program to find matching points between two images.

      generatekeys.exe image_l.tif image_l.tif.gz 700
      generatekeys.exe image_r.tif image_r.tif.gz 700
      autopano.exe --maxmatches 0 --ransac off output.txt image_l.tif.gz image_r.tif.gz

      To obtain a stereoscopy image, you must take two pictures slightly shifted relative to each other.

      I am trying to calculate the angle of inclination between two images to correct and generate a anaglyph image. Is this possible using the keypoints between two images?

      Regards...
      Miguel Angel
      http://imagen3d.site88.net
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2010
        Am 15.05.2010 23:32, schrieb Miguel:
        > To obtain a stereoscopy image, you must take two pictures slightly
        > shifted relative to each other.
        >
        > I am trying to calculate the angle of inclination between two images
        > to correct and generate a anaglyph image. Is this possible using the
        > keypoints between two images?

        I don't understand you completely. With inclination do you mean the
        images have different roll? Then it should be possible.

        Your images have horizontal parallax, which is what gives you the stereo
        effect. Hence you can't simply align them, since you most likely get
        control point differences due to parallax. However, panotools know the
        horizontal line control point type:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Horizontal_control_points which is used to
        align features on a horizontal line. Perhaps this could help. You can
        experiment using hugin: http://hugin.sourceforge.net/