Is this panorama usable?

  • darkfact95
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2006
      hello everyone :)
      i'm working on my site and wanted to show a panorama of the city
      center. but since there were lots of cars and were moving a lot, the
      picture did not come out as I've hope.
      http://www.3sixty.in/beta/pan.html
      please check it out and tell me if its something I could use to show
      people or I should toss away.

      thanks :)
    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2006
        Working with PTGUI or PTMAC gives you the possibility to get the
        output of the blended Equirect + the single pict.

        check the single ones and clone either cars properly together or
        clone them away whatever is possible, only in rare cases the car or
        object was taken in a bad moment and cannot be repaired from the
        single shots.

        Who is more used to masks can work with that in PS ( not me....)

        Willy

        On Nov 25, 2006, at 14:24, darkfact95 wrote:

        > hello everyone :)
        > i'm working on my site and wanted to show a panorama of the city
        > center. but since there were lots of cars and were moving a lot, the
        > picture did not come out as I've hope.
        > http://www.3sixty.in/beta/pan.html
        > please check it out and tell me if its something I could use to show
        > people or I should toss away.
        >
        > thanks :)

      • darkfact95
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2006
          I do use PTGui. Thats a lot for the tip. I'll try it soon :)

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, panokaemena@... wrote:

          > Working with PTGUI or PTMAC gives you the possibility to get the
          > output of the blended Equirect + the single pict.
          >
          > check the single ones and clone either cars properly together or
          > clone them away whatever is possible, only in rare cases the car or
          > object was taken in a bad moment and cannot be repaired from the
          > single shots.
          >
          > Who is more used to masks can work with that in PS ( not me....)
          >
          > Willy
          > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu352.html
          >
          > On Nov 25, 2006, at 14:24, darkfact95 wrote:
          >
          > > hello everyone :)
          > > i'm working on my site and wanted to show a panorama of the city
          > > center. but since there were lots of cars and were moving a lot, the
          > > picture did not come out as I've hope.
          > > http://www.3sixty.in/beta/pan.html
          > > please check it out and tell me if its something I could use to show
          > > people or I should toss away.
          > >
          > > thanks :)

        • smarfingerfeulcher
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 25, 2006
            To be blunt, I don't think it offers much as an image. I don't see
            that picture needing some small correction to make everything fine. I
            think it;s back to the drawing board for a new concept.

            Technically, IMHO, shots like this are best done in layers where joins
            can be manipulated with masks. It isn't difficult.

            Obviously, some thought in shooting helps so that you have a selection
            of images that will join as easily as possible.