Re: Slide show of moving VR's

  • B.Denly
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 25, 2006
      I want to make a similar movie recently ,and cannot find the Pano2Movie :-(
      Can anyone tell me where I can find the Pano2Movie?
      Thanks.

      B.Denly

    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 25, 2006
        What about

        PhotoToMovie by http://www.lqgraphics.com/

        here a small example http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/PTMTest2

        or this here http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/PTM

        Willy

        On Nov 25, 2006, at 10:15, B.Denly wrote:

        > I want to make a similar movie recently ,and cannot find the
        > Pano2Movie :-(
        > Can anyone tell me where I can find the Pano2Movie?
        > Thanks.
        >
        > B.Denly
        >
        > 2006/11/18, George Birbilis <birbilis@...>:
        > >
        > > > How can we make slide shows of the moving QTVR's.
        > > >
        > > > There will be multiple VR's.First VR's rotate automatically,
        > > > fade and than the next VR appears. It is a loop that after
        > > > rotating the last one it comes to the first VR again.
        > > >
        > > > How can we make this. Do we need to export as movie and place
        > > > the movies in power point?
        > >
        > > Use Pano2Movie (search this mailing list to find the guy), then use
        > > Windows
        > > Movie Maker (free if you have WinXP) to concatenate the movies
        > and add
        > > transitions between them. To convert between the movie formats use
        > > QuickTime
        > > Player Pro (very cheap) to convert .mov to .avi (WMM should
        > accept .avi I
        > > think, but maybe it says only to .wmv so you may need some third
        > party
        > > tool
        > > to convert to .avi and then import as .mov from QT Player Pro)
        > >
        > > ----------------
        > > George Birbilis (birbilis@...)
        > > Computer & Informatics Engineer
        > > Microsoft MVP J# for 2004-2006
        > > Borland "Spirit of Delphi"
        > > ++ QuickTime, Delphi, ActiveX, .NET components ++
        > > http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
        > > ++ Robotics ++
        > > http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~Robotics
        > > http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup
        > >

        > > _____
        > >
        > > avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Outbound message clean.
        > >

        > > Virus Database (VPS): 0649-0, 15/11/2006
        > > Tested on: 17/11/2006 6:04:48 ??
        > > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.

        > 40gmail.com
        > >
        > > This email sent to xdenly@...

      • B.Denly
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 25, 2006
          Thanks, Willy. It looks great , I will have a try.

          Best Regards.

          Denly

          2006/11/25, panokaemena@... <panokaemena@...>:

          > What about
          >
          > PhotoToMovie by http://www.lqgraphics.com/
          >
          > here a small example http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/PTMTest2
          >
          > or this here http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/PTM
          >
          > Willy
          >
          > On Nov 25, 2006, at 10:15, B.Denly wrote:
          >
          > > I want to make a similar movie recently ,and cannot find the
          > > Pano2Movie :-(
          > > Can anyone tell me where I can find the Pano2Movie?
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > B.Denly

          > > > Use Pano2Movie (search this mailing list to find the guy), then use
          > > > Windows
          > > > Movie Maker (free if you have WinXP) to concatenate the movies
          > > and add
          > > > transitions between them. To convert between the movie formats use
          > > > QuickTime
          > > > Player Pro (very cheap) to convert .mov to .avi (WMM should
          > > accept .avi I
          > > > think, but maybe it says only to .wmv so you may need some third
          > > party
          > > > tool
          > > > to convert to .avi and then import as .mov from QT Player Pro)
          > > >
          > > > ----------------
          > > > George Birbilis (birbilis@... <birbilis%40kagi.com>)
          > > > Computer & Informatics Engineer
          > > > Microsoft MVP J# for 2004-2006
          > > > Borland "Spirit of Delphi"
          > > > ++ QuickTime, Delphi, ActiveX, .NET components ++
          > > > http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
          > > > ++ Robotics ++
          > > > http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~Robotics
          > > > http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup
          > > >

          > > > _____
          > > >
          > > > avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Outbound message clean.
          > > >

          > > > Virus Database (VPS): 0649-0, 15/11/2006
          > > > Tested on: 17/11/2006 6:04:48 ??
          > > > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.

          > > 40gmail.com
          > > >
          > > > This email sent to xdenly@... <xdenly%40gmail.com>

        • Hans Nyberg
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 25, 2006
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, B.Denly <xdenly@...> wrote:

            > Thanks, Willy. It looks great , I will have a try.

            > 2006/11/25, panokaemena@... <panokaemena@...>:
            > >
            > > What about
            > >
            > > PhotoToMovie by http://www.lqgraphics.com/

            Just remember that PhotoToMovie is only Mac ( for QTVR)

            I have also always recomended it but recently discovered that the Windows version does
            not support Quicktime VR Movies at all.

            You find all links to software on my list.
            Also Ian's QTVR2 MOV (win compatible)
            http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/software.html

            Hans
            www.panoramas.dk
          • Tristan Shu
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 25, 2006
              Antoher way is by using a different viewer than Quicktime....

              Automatic slideshow with nice fading transition are very easy to set up with
              Spi-V. and give a very professionnal touch to your slideshow...

              Here is an example of a Virtual Tour i did, where if the user doesnt
              interact with the scene for 35 seconds (time for a rotation), it will
              automatically fade to black and go to the next one.

              i love Spi-V !!

              http://www.tristanshu.com/projets/temp7/demo-tour-uk.htm

              Tristan
              www.tristanshu.com

            • John Riley
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 25, 2006
                That works nicely! How much effort does it take to make a tour like
                that? I assume you need more than the free version to do something
                like that. I did wonder if you could have it preload the data for
                the next automatic node so that the transitions were faster.

                Thanks,

                John

                John Riley
                johnriley@...
                jriley@...

                On Nov 25, 2006, at 8:02 AM, Tristan Shu wrote:

                > Antoher way is by using a different viewer than Quicktime....
                >
                > Automatic slideshow with nice fading transition are very easy to
                > set up with
                > Spi-V. and give a very professionnal touch to your slideshow...
                >
                > Here is an example of a Virtual Tour i did, where if the user doesnt
                > interact with the scene for 35 seconds (time for a rotation), it will
                > automatically fade to black and go to the next one.
                >
                > i love Spi-V !!
                >
                > http://www.tristanshu.com/projets/temp7/demo-tour-uk.htm
                >

                > Tristan
                > www.tristanshu.com

              • Juergen Schrader
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 25, 2006
                  Very cool, Tristan. I am deeply impressed.

                  If we only could get Aldo to write a decent documentation of all of
                  SPIVs features.

                  Regards
                  Jürgen

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Tristan
                  Shu" <tristanshupanotools@...> wrote:

                  > Antoher way is by using a different viewer than Quicktime....
                  >
                  > Automatic slideshow with nice fading transition are very easy to
                  set up with
                  > Spi-V. and give a very professionnal touch to your slideshow...
                  >
                  > Here is an example of a Virtual Tour i did, where if the user doesnt
                  > interact with the scene for 35 seconds (time for a rotation), it
                  will
                  > automatically fade to black and go to the next one.
                  >
                  > i love Spi-V !!
                  >
                  > http://www.tristanshu.com/projets/temp7/demo-tour-uk.htm
                  >

                  > Tristan
                  > www.tristanshu.com

                • Tristan Shu
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
                    No, you dont need the pay version for that. the only difference between the
                    registered version and the free engine is the splash screen when you load
                    the first panorama of the tour + fieldofview logo and link on the right of
                    the controler (if you use one). i bought the registered version because i do
                    use Spi-V for my professional contracts now, and as a thank you to Aldo for
                    developing such a great engine.
                    Developing with it is very intuitive, and due to a very easy coding and open
                    architecture (you use xml files to control your tours - as easy to write as
                    html files), you pick it in no time.

                    follow the very well made how-to in the developer section of Spi-V site:
                    http://www.fieldofview.com/spv-dev/docs/howto

                    if you do watch your tour offline, the transition are very fast. it will
                    probably be a bit tricky to preload next node, as Spi-V stores the panorama
                    datas in the VRam of your graphic card (and that's one of the reason why
                    display is so smooth), so it can be jammed easily on small memory graphic
                    cards.

                    Tristan
                    www.tristanshu.com

                    _____

                    That works nicely! How much effort does it take to make a tour like
                    that? I assume you need more than the free version to do something
                    like that. I did wonder if you could have it preload the data for
                    the next automatic node so that the transitions were faster.

                    Thanks,

                    John

                    John Riley
                    johnriley@chesnet. <mailto:johnriley%40chesnet.net> net
                    jriley@uscupstate. <mailto:jriley%40uscupstate.edu> edu

                    .

                    d=4198/stime=1164479703/nc1=3848642/nc2=3848533/nc3=4025306>

                  • Tristan Shu
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
                      I dont agree Jürgen, all the info you need to learn it are available on the
                      site.

                      Aldo has chosen to use a learn by the example architecture, and if you do
                      get the grip on Spi-V, you pick in no time.

                      the first step is to follow the very well made how-to section on his site:
                      http://www.fieldofview.com/spv-dev/docs/howto

                      all panoramas and tours are controled by xml files (easy and open
                      architecture, as easy to write as html files), so before you even finished
                      the how-to section, you're already looking at the code of xml files from the
                      examples and from the others to learn how they did... and it's very easy !

                      you got a download section with examples and precoded scriptlet (bits of
                      code you can easily reuse and integrate in your tours):
                      http://www.fieldofview.com/spv-dev/downloads

                      then you got the 3rd party gallery with great examples of tours done using
                      spi-v (and once again, by looking at the xml files of the tour, you do
                      understand how they did very fast):
                      http://www.fieldofview.com/spv-dev/gallery

                      you also got a very complete forum where the remaining questions you would
                      have are probably already answered:
                      http://www.fieldofview.com/spv-dev/forum

                      and if you want to get a complete list of all the syntax of Spi-V and how to
                      use each term, have a look here:
                      http://www.fieldofview.com/spv-dev/docs/nodes

                      so if you want to use spi-v and code tours in it, no more excuses...

                      you probably guessed by now i'm fully addicted to it... and a huge supporter
                      as well !!

                      the only limits i can find at the moment is the fact that you need a
                      accelerated graphic cards with enough ram on it (64mb) to run it, and
                      shockwave is not yet running on intel macs.
                      for me it's already the best available viewer, and the future belongs to him
                      anyway, as windows vista is scheduled to arrive next january (and Windows
                      Vista will require a mandatory 128 Mb ram accelerated graphic card to run),
                      and adobe will probaly release a new shockwave version this year that would
                      run on intel macs.

                      Tristan
                      www.tristanshu.com <http://www.tristanshu.com/>

                      _____

                      Very cool, Tristan. I am deeply impressed.

                      If we only could get Aldo to write a decent documentation of all of
                      SPIVs features.

                      Regards
                      Jürgen

                      .

                      d=4202/stime=1164482174/nc1=3848642/nc2=4025373/nc3=3848533>

                    • ahoeben41
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
                        (about SPi-V):
                        > I did wonder if you could have it preload the data for
                        > the next automatic node so that the transitions were faster.

                        Proper preloading will be added in SPi-V 1.4, which is currently under
                        development.
                      • Juergen Schrader
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
                          Thanks, Tristan, that sounds really encouraging :)

                          Problem is, that one has to take his time to get deep enough into
                          that xml and shockwave/flash stuff. But I agree that SPi-V holds the
                          most promising features for actual and future needs of a pano viewer.

                          Your samples prove it again and yes, I definitely will give it
                          another try.

                          Also I am very happy to meet Aldo next week in Nürnberg :)

                          cu

                        • Mark D. Fink
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
                            This might be more involved than what you are looking for, but you can use
                            Active Screen Saver - http://www.automatedofficesystems.com/asp/prod.htm -
                            to create a similar effect. I purchased the DevKit several years ago, and
                            I'm not sure if the Personal Version will do everything you need.

                            You can download a free sample on my web site at
                            http://www.northernlight.net/screensavers/screensavers.htm. It requires
                            installing an Active X plug-in, and so only works on PC's. Anyone with an
                            Intel based Mac want to give it a try? I have no idea if it would even work.

                            Mark
                            www.pinnacle-vr.com
                            www.northernlight.net