PTGui Mac Pano Previewer application?

  • Eric O'Brien
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2006
      In PTGui, in the Create Panorama tab is a button named "Preview."

      I believe that:

      Pressing this button creates a "trial" stitch at low resolution of
      the panorama you're working on, then feeds the resulting JPEG file to
      the application you've specified in Preferences, Files & Folders tab,
      Viewers: "Equirectangular JPEG (panorama viewer)."

      On MACINTOSH... what the heck application is anyone successfully using?

      For example, PanoGLView just gives me a completely black window.

      Does anyone have ANYthing that works? :(

      eo
    • RomualdV
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 25, 2006
        Le 25 nov. 06 à 09:42, Eric O'Brien a écrit :

        > In PTGui, in the Create Panorama tab is a button named "Preview."
        >
        > I believe that:
        >
        > Pressing this button creates a "trial" stitch at low resolution of
        > the panorama you're working on, then feeds the resulting JPEG file to
        > the application you've specified in Preferences, Files & Folders tab,
        > Viewers: "Equirectangular JPEG (panorama viewer)."

        Yes but seems that you (we) cannot see the pano interactively. Any
        graphic application like Preview, Graphic Converter, Photoshop, open
        the file but Makecubic doesn't convert it to mov.
        Don't know if it's a bug or not.

        Romuald

        > On MACINTOSH... what the heck application is anyone successfully
        > using?
        >
        > For example, PanoGLView just gives me a completely black window.
        >
        > Does anyone have ANYthing that works? :(
        >

        > eo

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 25, 2006
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Eric O'Brien <ericob@...> wrote:

          > In PTGui, in the Create Panorama tab is a button named "Preview."
          >
          > I believe that:
          >
          > Pressing this button creates a "trial" stitch at low resolution of
          > the panorama you're working on, then feeds the resulting JPEG file to
          > the application you've specified in Preferences, Files & Folders tab,
          > Viewers: "Equirectangular JPEG (panorama viewer)."
          >
          > On MACINTOSH... what the heck application is anyone successfully using?
          >
          > For example, PanoGLView just gives me a completely black window.
          >
          > Does anyone have ANYthing that works? :(

          I have it set to Photoshop and than I use Brians fantastic Previewer to see it as an
          interactive.
          http://www.pangeasoft.net/pano/plugin/panopreviewer.html

          I usually make an 1000x2000 pixels preview. It takes less than 20sec. and is enough to
          view it as fullscreen in panopreviewer for checking problems.

          Remember that all your previews are saved automatically, in your Temporary folder if you
          have specified one.

          Hans
          www.panoramas.dk
        • rogerhoward@rogerroger.org
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 25, 2006
            On Nov 24, 2006, at 9:42 PM, Eric O'Brien wrote:

            > In PTGui, in the Create Panorama tab is a button named "Preview."
            >
            > I believe that:
            >
            > Pressing this button creates a "trial" stitch at low resolution of
            > the panorama you're working on, then feeds the resulting JPEG file to
            > the application you've specified in Preferences, Files & Folders tab,
            > Viewers: "Equirectangular JPEG (panorama viewer)."
            >
            > On MACINTOSH... what the heck application is anyone successfully
            > using?
            >
            > For example, PanoGLView just gives me a completely black window.
            >
            > Does anyone have ANYthing that works? :(

            CubicNavigator works like a charm for this.

            -Rh
          • John Riley
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 25, 2006
              I use CubicNavigator as the preview application. It works
              beautifully and quickly. I usually up the resolution to 1000 or 1500
              wide to get a good look; it renders that out pretty quickly.

              John

              John Riley
              johnriley@...
              jriley@...

            • panokaemena@mac.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 25, 2006
                I use for my preview needs the Pangea Panopreviewer ( Open GL)
                works great and is integrated in PS

                Willy

              • panokaemena@mac.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 25, 2006

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 25, 2006
                    On Friday, November 24, 2006 at 21:42, Eric O'Brien wrote:

                    > Pressing this button creates a "trial" stitch at low resolution of
                    > the panorama you're working on, then feeds the resulting JPEG file to
                    > the application you've specified in Preferences, Files & Folders tab,
                    > Viewers: "Equirectangular JPEG (panorama viewer)."
                    >
                    > On MACINTOSH... what the heck application is anyone successfully using?
                    >
                    > For example, PanoGLView just gives me a completely black window.
                    >
                    > Does anyone have ANYthing that works?

                    Go to http://fieldofview.com/spv-dev/downloads/#engine and get the
                    Spi-V standalone for MacOSX...

                    best regards

                    http://www.erik-krause.de/
                  • RomualdV
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 26, 2006
                      Ah yes, works fine ; bad answer for me - apologies.
                      so thank to John for the right answer and to Eric for the question.
                      ;-)

                      Romuald