Re: Lagering Cellars - HDR to the max

  • Carl von Einem
    Message 1 of 7 , May 10, 2010
      Posted by: "panobanano"

      > (...) I just posted the first of a
      > series of panos taken in some long abandoned Lagering Cellars in
      > Cincinnati. Cincinnati has quite a proud heritage of beer brewing
      > especially before prohibition. With a significant German Immigrant
      > population they brought their brewing skills and set up numerous
      > breweries. Most of these had very large cellars 30 feet or so under the
      > ground to store the beer. Long since abandoned, some of these cellars
      > and tunnels are being discovered and along with the buildings are trying
      > to be saved to preserve a part of that heritage. (...)
      >
      > http://rackphoto.com/pp/special-projects/lagering-cellars-kauffman/

      Ron,

      thank you for showing us these wonderful images! Actually I know a
      former brewery building in Munich, Bavaria, that has the same type of
      cellars, so all the details in your images really look familiar to me.
      It was such a cool place for a number of parties several years ago...

      Here it is:
      <http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%2B48.1227480+%2B11.543725>
      The large field a few blocks in the north is the location of the annual
      Oktoberfest.

      Cheers,
      Carl