completely OT - PC/Mac security

  • prague
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2010

      > There
      > is nothing inherently more difficult about successfully attacking
      > MACs.

      My knowledge about this is very minimal, but I know that this is not true.

      on Macs, you are prompted to enter your password when you are installing software (and the OS bothers you hardly any other time, but that's another topic entirely ;-)

      This one "feature" makes self-installing programs on Macs basically nonexistent. On a PC, things can install themselves without asking you to allow it.

      I don't quite agree with Matt's draconian judgment of PC usage in businesses but I would say that purposely allowing IE6 to be used on a machine (in a home or business) is definitely, absolutely negligent.

      Jeffrey