PSP as Portable pano wiewer.

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 23, 2006
      Anyone did it??
      Anyone hacked a psp to show panos???
      :-P

      Actually I experienced panoviewing with PALM and SYMBIAN (ver 7.x UIQ,
      Sony-Ericsson p800)

      Università Iuav di Venezia

      Dr. Luca Vascon
      tel . (+39) 041.2571262, e-mail Vascon@...

      Laboratorio multimedia Facoltà di Design e Arti, DADI
      Magazzino 7 ex Ligabue, Dorsoduro 1827 30123 Venezia
    • Juergen Schrader
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 23, 2006
        I'd rather be happy if I could get them running on my PDA.

        :)
        Jürgen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Luca Vascon" <crimsonkingit@...>
        wrote:

        > Anyone did it??
        > Anyone hacked a psp to show panos???
        > :-P
        >
        > Actually I experienced panoviewing with PALM and SYMBIAN (ver 7.x
        UIQ,
        > Sony-Ericsson p800)

        > Università Iuav di Venezia
        >
        > Dr. Luca Vascon
        > tel . (+39) 041.2571262, e-mail Vascon@...
        >
        > Laboratorio multimedia Facoltà di Design e Arti, DADI
        > Magazzino 7 ex Ligabue, Dorsoduro 1827 30123 Venezia

      • Roger D. Williams
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 23, 2006
          I'Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: PSP as Portable pano wiewer.d love to see Epson
          allow panoramas to show on its beautiful
          viewing/storage units. The latest P5000 has a lovely 4" (10cm)
          screen, and is quite faithful to the Adobe RGB gamut. It would
          be so simple, surely, to provide this...

          Roger W.

          On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:38:56 +0900, Juergen Schrader
          <panorama@...> wrote:

          > I'd rather be happy if I could get them running on my PDA.
          >
          > :)
          > Jürgen
          >

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Luca Vascon" <crimsonkingit@...>
          > wrote:
          >>
          >> Anyone did it??
          >> Anyone hacked a psp to show panos???
          >> :-P
          >>
          >> Actually I experienced panoviewing with PALM and SYMBIAN (ver 7.x
          > UIQ,
          >> Sony-Ericsson p800)
          >> --

          >> Università Iuav di Venezia
          >>
          >> Dr. Luca Vascon
          >> tel . (+39) 041.2571262, e-mail Vascon@...
          >>
          >> Laboratorio multimedia Facoltà di Design e Arti, DADI
          >> Magazzino 7 ex Ligabue, Dorsoduro 1827 30123 Venezia

          --
          Work: www.adex-japan.com
          Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 24, 2006
            On 24 Nov 2006 at 16:51, Roger D. Williams wrote:

            > I'Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: PSP as Portable pano wiewer.d love to see Epson
            > allow panoramas to show on its beautiful
            > viewing/storage units. The latest P5000 has a lovely 4" (10cm)
            > screen, and is quite faithful to the Adobe RGB gamut. It would
            > be so simple, surely, to provide this...

            My vote goes to PDA-viewer ;)
            maybe it's because that's wat I have myself?
            But I believe it would be much easier for someone third-party to program a pano viewer
            for PDA (with Java?)? Is it all possible to program the Epson P5000 and relatives?

            --
            Bjørn K. Nilssen // http://bknilssen.no/
            Jegergata 6
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 24, 2006
              Hmmm. The following was slightly mangled as I sent it earlier.
              Sorry about that.

              Here's a corrected version.

              --
              Work: www.adex-japan.com
              Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
            • ahoeben41
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 26, 2006
                > PSP as Portable pano viewer.
                > Anyone did it??

                I have a *prove of concept* panoviewer running on my PSP. In fact, it
                is no more than a hacked demo of the LTEStudios 3d Engine; it shows
                the concept and potential, but don't expect a SPi-V for PSP anytime soon.

                I'll bring the proof of concept to the IVRPA meeting in Nürnberg next
                week (see http://beta.ivrpa.org/node/743)

                with regards,

                Aldo
              • Luca Vascon
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 26, 2006
                  Sigh...
                  I'll not be there...
                  :-(

                  But.. PLEASE!!!!
                  Port spi-v on PSP!!!
                  :-D

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 26, 2006
                    Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

                    > My vote goes to PDA-viewer ;)
                    > maybe it's because that's wat I have myself?
                    > But I believe it would be much easier for someone third-party to program a
                    > pano viewer
                    > for PDA (with Java?)? Is it all possible to program the Epson P5000 and
                    > relatives?

                    I am lusting after this device: http://tinyurl.com/w8hwf
                    It is almost as compact as the PSP, but a real XP PC tablet, so great for
                    remote control of the camera as well as demonstrating panos.

                    Carel Struycken

                  • Flemming V. Larsen
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 27, 2006

                      The Raon Vega looks nice, but it says "High Performance 2D Graphics
                      Controller" in the specs.
                      Doesn't that mean that your won't be able to use Spi-V or other panoplayer
                      that use the GFX-card