I'm trying to think of a good reason to show you all this...

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2010
      ...but I can't. I like it. I hope you do too.

      http://pancyl.com/FFC/FrozenConvict.html
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2010
        Hallelujah, you joined the flash club!

        Aside.

        It's nice. It seems way overexposed though, an easy thing to do for this
        subject.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2010
          Sacha Griffin wrote:
          > Hallelujah, you joined the flash club!

          [sigh]

          > Aside.
          >
          > It's nice. It seems way overexposed though, an easy thing to do for this
          > subject.

          I'll probably never figure out snow.
        • Ian Wood
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2010
            I'd like to see a bit more red used in the channel mixer to boost the
            contrast in the sky, but apart from that it's lovely!

            Ian

            Message 5 of 8 , May 4, 2010
              That would be interesting to try. But that particular day, the air
              was really hazy and contrast was muted and the glare was awful.

              That series was shot in B&W just to see what would happen.

              Ian Wood wrote:
              > I'd like to see a bit more red used in the channel mixer to boost the
              > contrast in the sky, but apart from that it's lovely!
              >
              > Ian
              >
              > On 4 May 2010, at 01:59, Ken Warner wrote:
              >
              >> ...but I can't. I like it. I hope you do too.
              >>
              >> http://pancyl.com/FFC/FrozenConvict.html

            • Rick Drew
              Message 6 of 8 , May 4, 2010
                The more important question: are there chair lifts? Looks like a blast to
                ski!

              • Ken Warner
                Message 7 of 8 , May 4, 2010
                  Those are 10 miles up the road -- at Mammoth Mountain.

                  Rick Drew wrote:
                  > The more important question: are there chair lifts? Looks like a blast to
                  > ski!

                • Bjørn K Nilssen
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 4, 2010
                    On 3 May 2010 at 21:45, Sacha Griffin wrote:

                    > Hallelujah, you joined the flash club!

                    And right now, when everyody seems to be leaving because the prophet told them so ;)

                    > Aside.
                    >
                    > It's nice. It seems way overexposed though, an easy thing to do for this
                    > subject.

                    Snow is tricky, but it usually comes out way too dark if you don't compensate (zone
                    system thinking).
                    Nice pano, but I wouldn't mind if there were a few weak colors there ;)