HP Slate --- NO MORE

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3 6:19 PM
      HP decided they will NOT make/sell the Slate to confront with the iPad

      So, no more tablet with Flash panos running on it

      Got think about it

      best
      AYRTON

      --
      ------------
      | A Y R |
    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3 6:42 PM
        Even if the rumours turn out to be true, there would be no reason to worry:

        http://wepad.mobi/en
        Together We will be free to achieve more

        Some people seem to think life is all about the I, and the Me, Me, Me.

        We beg to differ. To us, the power of many beats the power of one. That�s
        why we came up with the WePad: It�s the smarter solution for enjoying the
        Internet your way. Why? Because when you�re locked in, you get the Internet
        their way. It�s the opposite of free. Being told what you can see, what you
        can buy, and all the things you can not do � somehow, that just seems so
        1984.

        That one is already in production and coming out, with everything bigger and
        better than the iPad.

        Also a higher price :)

        Trausti

        On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

        > HP decided they will NOT make/sell the Slate to confront with the iPad
        >
        > So, no more tablet with Flash panos running on it
        >
        > Got think about it
        >
        > best
        > AYRTON
        >
        > --
        > ------------
        > | A Y R |
        > | T O N |
      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3 7:33 PM
          I'm confused.
          What are the computational differences between netbooks and slates/pads?
          Why are ipads so much more expensive?
          Aren't there any netbooks coming with touch screens?
          I can run photoshop on my $400 dell mini, enough to check raw exposures etc.
          The clam shell style seems pretty ideal to protect a screen, and display a
          screen without having to holding it up.

          ------------------------------------

          --
        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3 7:41 PM
            I have a brazilian friend that went to Berlim and to the party for the
            launch of the wepad
            She even sent tweets directly from there with photos insisde the party ...

            She's a very important journalist in Brazil

            She tried it and her note on her blog on this big portal on the internet in
            Brazil was ...
            - so, so, with a note from 0 to 10, I would say 5

            And She wrote more ...
            - I wouldn't buy one for me. No chance to compare to the iPad

            And she finishs the reportage, saying ...

            - btw: when coming back to Brazil I did stop by NY and bought me a very
            special gift; I got one iPAD !!!

            On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
            trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

            > Even if the rumours turn out to be true, there would be no reason to worry:

            > http://wepad.mobi/en
            > Together We will be free to achieve more
            >
            > Some people seem to think life is all about the I, and the Me, Me, Me.
            >
            > We beg to differ. To us, the power of many beats the power of one. That’s
            > why we came up with the WePad: It’s the smarter solution for enjoying the
            > Internet your way. Why? Because when you’re locked in, you get the Internet
            > their way. It’s the opposite of free. Being told what you can see, what you
            > can buy, and all the things you can not do – somehow, that just seems so
            > 1984.
            >
            > That one is already in production and coming out, with everything bigger
            > and
            > better than the iPad.
            >
            > Also a higher price :)
            >
            > Trausti
            >

            > On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
            >

            > > HP decided they will NOT make/sell the Slate to confront with the iPad
            > >
            > > So, no more tablet with Flash panos running on it
            > >
            > > Got think about it
            > >
            > > best
            > > AYRTON
            > >
            > > --
            > > ------------
            > > | A Y R |
            > > | T O N |

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
          • Trausti Hraunfjord
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3 8:02 PM
              Obviously her interest was created by the wepad, but not being able to buy
              it yet, she had to get the second best thing when it became available to
              her.

              :)

              Just reading between the lines....

              Apple made devices are quality from a-z. There is no serious discussion to
              the contrary. Very well designed and very good in every way... the only
              downside is the lack of Flash, when that essential feature doesn't have to
              be missing... if it wasn't for one man's dictatorial behaviour.

              Apple would win more users and support with more openness, rather than
              locking themselves in their own little corner... but if they think they can
              earn more in this way... then that is their decision to make... until the
              antitrust case against them will ruin their public image.

              Trausti