Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Steve Job's Open Letter - explaining it all about Flash

  • Petr Vostrel
    Message 1 of 53 , May 3, 2010
      2010/5/3 Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>
      > But can you imagine what kind of down load times that will produce.
      > Having a pano viewer defined in JavaScript in each HTML5 page.
      >
      > We are going to need a lot more bandwidth...

      No need to worry about bandwidth ;) Flash panorama viewers also aren't
      built-in into Flash. The viewer is just written in Flash, so you are
      still downloading the viewer defined in Actionscript (Flash) in each
      page. Unless its cached by the browser of course. And javascript is
      treated the same way.

      Petr Vostřel
    • Ian Wood
      Message 53 of 53 , May 4, 2010
        On 3 May 2010, at 23:36, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

        > but during this month, 10.1 will be out

        The private beta for 10.1 for mobiles has been running for two weeks.
        A date for the public beta hasn't been announced, there's just a form
        where you can sign up to be notified.

        http://theflashblog.com/?p=1904

        On 3 May 2010, at 23:29, Ken Warner wrote:

        > Your assertion that no more bandwidth will be required
        > is unsubstantiated -- as is mine that more bandwidth will be
        > required.

        Agreed.

        Ian