Re: [PanoToolsNG] Steve Job's Open Letter - explaining it all about Flash

  • Petr Vostrel
    Message 1 of 53 , May 3, 2010
      2010/5/2 Fernando Costa Pinto <fcp.fernando@...>:
      > Czek Republic is bubbling...this is good news .

      It really is ;)

      > Sometime ago I remember Jeffrey tell that the future of 360 was in
      > javascript...will it be ?It does not seem that easy..
      > Do you have examples of 360 spherical ? Any high quality examples ?  your
      > 360 are only cylindrical ? What about video inclusion? and Flyups ? Maps ?
      > hotspots ?

      It is in a very basic form right now - it was designed for 3D product
      photos. Panoramas are just a side effect. So there is only cylindrical
      view at the time, no spherical and it doesn't have any flyups, maps or
      hotspots. Yet...

      This iPhone enabled version has been developed with a remote tester at
      hand and I've not even seen the final result and didn't had a chance
      to actually "play" with it on real iPhone. But I'm sure much more can
      be achieved using Javascript+CSS on the iPhone.

      It is an open-source project, anyone can collaborate, extend it,
      anyone can suggest a feature. And since I'm not a panophotographer,
      I'll be grateful for any insights and ideas.

      http://plugins.jquery.com/project/reel (use "Request feature" link)

      I'll be happy to improve the plugin.

      Petr
    • Ian Wood
      Message 53 of 53 , May 4, 2010
        On 3 May 2010, at 23:36, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

        > but during this month, 10.1 will be out

        The private beta for 10.1 for mobiles has been running for two weeks.
        A date for the public beta hasn't been announced, there's just a form
        where you can sign up to be notified.

        http://theflashblog.com/?p=1904

        On 3 May 2010, at 23:29, Ken Warner wrote:

        > Your assertion that no more bandwidth will be required
        > is unsubstantiated -- as is mine that more bandwidth will be
        > required.

        Agreed.

        Ian