Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Photoshop cs5

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 18 , May 3 1:22 AM
      I did several more tests yesterday, and I have to conclude that even if the
      content aware feature can be useful, it is far from being perfect. The best
      result I could get with it, was patching a zenith hole. It managed to blend
      the sky in an area ranging from clear darkish blue, to very bright area
      close to the sun... but it did leave a crumbled paper look... trying to cut
      out that wrinkle in the sky with any of the content aware tools, did however
      not result in a fix. The best solution turned out to be the Healing Brush
      Tool.

      I'm sure that some scenarios will be very good for the content aware
      feature, and help save time, but it is sure as heck not as good as I hoped
      it would be, after seeing the videos of it.

      If small inconsistencies are cause for concern in 3D panos, I would ...
      based on what little I have done with CS5... have to say that Content Aware
      tool is not the saviour of patches and shadows and parallax errors.

      Trausti