Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Steve Job's Open Letter - explaining it all about Flash

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 53 , May 2, 2010
      Sometime around 2/5/10 (at 12:43 -0300) Fernando Costa Pinto said:

      >Phones are to talk ..Computers to surf the net ..
      >
      >I find highly unpractical to surf the net in a phone

      I don't 'surf' on my iPhone, but I do use it to look at web pages
      quite a lot. It is quite practical when it comes to jumping online to
      get a quick bit of info. (Far, far better than my previous HTC phone
      that had a 640x480 screen and ran Windows Mobile 6 and the mobile
      version of Opera.)

      Phones are no longer just phones. It is important to recognise their
      weaknesses. But it is just as important to recognise their strengths,
      too.

      (And yes Trausti, the battery life is a problem. It is a problem for
      all smartphones. You have to choose what you want and deal with the
      issues that come with that; dumb phone, no 'extras', great battery
      life - or smartphone, amazing abilities, regular/frequent charging.)

    • Ian Wood
      Message 53 of 53 , May 4, 2010
        On 3 May 2010, at 23:36, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

        > but during this month, 10.1 will be out

        The private beta for 10.1 for mobiles has been running for two weeks.
        A date for the public beta hasn't been announced, there's just a form
        where you can sign up to be notified.

        http://theflashblog.com/?p=1904

        On 3 May 2010, at 23:29, Ken Warner wrote:

        > Your assertion that no more bandwidth will be required
        > is unsubstantiated -- as is mine that more bandwidth will be
        > required.

        Agreed.

        Ian