Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Difficulty executing Autopano-SIFT-C 2.5.1 with Hugin 2009.4.0

  • michael crane
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2 12:50 PM
      On Sun, May 2, 2010 7:02 pm, _kfj wrote:

      > mind the odd glitch. Hope they put the autopano-sift-c exe back into the
      > installer next time round!

      just what is the deal with this autopano-sift-c
      is it useable legally or what ?
    • _kfj
      Message 2 of 14 , May 5 9:01 AM
        I don't think there is a problem with it and rather suspect it's been forgotten when the installer was put together, but that's just my best guess. Since you could obviously download the source code, I reckon it's still available. But whenever you run it, it tells you that 'commercial applications may require a license...', so there is a software patent issue involved. But this holds true for both the SIFT and the SURF algorithm.
        KFJ

        Message 3 of 14 , May 8 5:29 AM
          one more thing: I browsed my panorama bookmarks and found one to a site that has very recent (but unofficial) Windows builds of hugin and collateral software. I was looking for something newer than the official 2009.something I downloaded a few days ago, because I had problems with the version of enblend that came with it (I think that was the problem...). So I downloaded hugin.win32.5118.rar from http://lemur.dreamhosters.com/hugin/
          and so far it has worked fine for me (not hat my problem has disappeared since the enblend version is the same...). why is that relevant in your context? because the package contains autopano-sift-c.exe, so you don't have to compile it yourself. This revision is about two weeks old, it's actually 2010.1.0.5118, so it already has 2010 features which might take a long time until they show up in an official release.
          KFJ

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "michael crane" <mick.crane@...> wrote:

          > On Sun, May 2, 2010 7:02 pm, _kfj wrote:
          > >
          > > mind the odd glitch. Hope they put the autopano-sift-c exe back into the
          > > installer next time round!
          >
          > just what is the deal with this autopano-sift-c
          > is it useable legally or what ?

        • Chris Martin
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
            Thanks for your help, but I was able to find the executeable for autopano-sift-c at http://tksharpless.net/ as well as the 2010.1.0.4920 version of Hugin.