Re: Mt. Whitney at sunrise

  • Paul Fretheim
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2, 2010
      I guess I am of the opinion that nobody cares about the nadir or zenith.
      I didn't do anything about them whatsoever. They are what they are.
      The problem with the stitching between the 4Runner and the Sun is
      because the light changed over the time it took to go around. I
      probably should fix that, but, overall I thing it is an artistic piece
      that transmits the moment pretty well.
    • John Riley
      Message 2 of 15 , May 3, 2010
        Paul, I just noticed that I had two earlier messages in this thread from you that my ISP's filter had identified as containing a virus. Maybe no one commented because they were filtered?

        John

        John Riley
        johnriley@...
        (h)864-461-3504
        (c)864-431-7075
        (w)864-503-5775

        On May 1, 2010, at 10:16 AM, Paul Fretheim wrote:

        > > http://inyopro.com/images/whitney_winter_LP_campground.html
        > > >
        > > > http://inyopro.com/images/Mt_Whitney.htm
        > > >
        > No one commented on my images. Did you look at them? The spherical was
        > shot with a D200 and a Sigma 15 mm. The zoomify was shot a few moments
        > later with the same D200 and a Nikon 80-300 mm zoom at 300 mm.
        >
        > Paul

      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 15 , May 3, 2010
          I don't think you can have attachments on this list John.

          Message 4 of 15 , May 3, 2010
            Attachment or not, my ISP thinking it had a virus prevented it from being delivered to me. This explained, at least to me, my reaction of "Comment on what image?": I never saw the message! Maybe I wasn't the only one.

            John

            John Riley
            johnriley@...
            (h)864-461-3504
            (c)864-431-7075
            (w)864-503-5775

            Message 5 of 15 , May 3, 2010
              Am 02.05.2010 17:45, schrieb Paul Fretheim:
              > I guess I am of the opinion that nobody cares about the nadir or zenith.

              Well, then there's no point to publish as full spherical. You could
              limit the FoV, which would be way better...

              > I didn't do anything about them whatsoever. They are what they are.
              > The problem with the stitching between the 4Runner and the Sun is
              > because the light changed over the time it took to go around. I
              > probably should fix that, but, overall I thing it is an artistic piece
              > that transmits the moment pretty well.

              That's absolutely right. However, the impression of the moment can be
              spoiled by a (completely un-artistic) vertical line in the view.
              Normally the blender takes care of this. What software did you use?

            • Paul Fretheim
              Message 6 of 15 , May 3, 2010
                > I didn't do anything about them whatsoever. They are what they are.
                >> The problem with the stitching between the 4Runner and the Sun is
                >> because the light changed over the time it took to go around. I
                >> probably should fix that, but, overall I thing it is an artistic piece
                >> that transmits the moment pretty well.
                >
                > That's absolutely right. However, the impression of the moment can be
                > spoiled by a (completely un-artistic) vertical line in the view.
                > Normally the blender takes care of this. What software did you use?

                Lightroom, Photoshop, PTGui, Pano2VR

                Paul
              • Paul Fretheim
                Message 7 of 15 , May 3, 2010

                  > Paul, I just noticed that I had two earlier messages in this thread
                  from you
                  > that my ISP's filter had identified as containing a virus. Maybe no one
                  > commented because they were filtered?

                  I was using COMODO public domain virus protection software. It
                  interfered with my copy of Adobe InDesign, I removed COMODO and ran
                  without virus protection for a few hours before I got avast installed.
                  I guess I better do a scan.

                  Thanks.

                  Paul