Re: Steve Job's Open Letter - explaining it all about Flash

  • Bruce Hemming
    Message 1 of 53 , May 2, 2010
      I'm not going to comment on the technicalities as it is beyond my
      scope and comprehension - but - I now have three VR apps on my iPhone
      ( Pangea VR, Arounder and Tour Wrist) and in the real world the
      biggest problem still remains getting a decent connection. Yes I
      would like to have Flash content as an option - but not if it impacts
      on the performance in anyway, which as I understand it it would ( I'm
      sure that you will all correct me if that is wrong)!. It's almost
      embarrassing trying to show the apps to a "new to pano" audience
      anywhere that you can't get a wifi connection, even 3G is still slow.
      Rapid performance is far more important to me and I believe for the
      future of this type of device.

      Just fro the record Tour Wrist is the fastest to load in my experience.

      Bruce

      Bruce Hemming
      Bruce Hemming Photography
      Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
      Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
      e-Mail: bruce@...
      Skype: bhemmingphoto
      web :http://www.bhphoto.biz/

    • Ian Wood
      Message 53 of 53 , May 4, 2010
        On 3 May 2010, at 23:36, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

        > but during this month, 10.1 will be out

        The private beta for 10.1 for mobiles has been running for two weeks.
        A date for the public beta hasn't been announced, there's just a form
        where you can sign up to be notified.

        http://theflashblog.com/?p=1904

        On 3 May 2010, at 23:29, Ken Warner wrote:

        > Your assertion that no more bandwidth will be required
        > is unsubstantiated -- as is mine that more bandwidth will be
        > required.

        Agreed.

        Ian