Re: krp on iPad

  • erik_leeman
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2010
      Neither do I Bjørn.

      My idea was: suppose there is an overloaded 2nd hand iPad market in the near future, why not make good use of it?

      But when I wrote "a nice concave (partly spherical) light-emitting wall", I didn't mean a full 360 degrees of it, where would you put it?
      Something between 90 and 180 degrees with a nice big radius would be quite enough to be practical.
      But indeed, I forgot about that wide edge.
      Oh well, maybe I'll come up with something else ; )

      Cheers!

      Erik Leeman

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

      > On 30 Apr 2010 at 7:43, erik_leeman wrote:
      >
      > > Is it possible for iPads to communicate with other iPads in any way?
      > >
      > > If so, I think it would be a good idea to create a panoviewer for it that can distribute an interactive panorama as 'tiles' over a number of iPads. Of course those tiles would have to pan in sync.
      > > This way you could easily build a nice concave (partly spherical) light-emitting wall for displaying your work. Wouldn't that be nice?
      > >
      > > Just wait a few months, and it won't be too expensive either!
      > > (think 'Slate' + an ENORMOUS amount of 2nd hand iPads on the market)
      >
      > It would take 15-30 iPads to build a circle with 50-100cm radius!!
      > Not a very cheap solution, and I can't really see that it would provide a very immersive
      > experience neither? If the app could pass the needles eye in the first place ie?
      >
      > > These are great times!
      >
      > Can't say I look forward to more forking of the web...
      >
      > --
      > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2010
        On 30 Apr 2010 at 10:39, erik_leeman wrote:

        > Neither do I Bjørn.
        >
        > My idea was: suppose there is an overloaded 2nd hand iPad market in the near future,
        > why not make good use of it?

        So you expect a lot of secondhand iPads soon?

        > But when I wrote "a nice concave (partly spherical) light-emitting wall", I didn't
        > mean a full 360 degrees of it, where would you put it?

        Mounted on an umbrella helmet? ;)
        But I guess one could use the built-in GPS/accellerometer/compass to automatically pan
        the pano when rotating your head/helmet, so there should be no need for a full 360deg...
        AR seems to a buzz word these days.

        > Something between 90 and 180
        > degrees with a nice big radius would be quite enough to be practical. But indeed, I
        > forgot about that wide edge. Oh well, maybe I'll come up with something else ; )

        I like your experimental attitude :)