Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: PTstitcherNG tiff files not recognized by Photoshop - Help

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2010
      On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

      > Am 27.04.2010 09:54, schrieb jeff_starley:
      > > Hi all, I am having a problem when producing large (150000 pixels
      > > wide) tiff files using PTstitcherNG. The files are not recognized by
      > > Photoshop. I have read up on what I can, but being a bit slow witted,
      > > I cannot work out how to make the output files as Photoshop (large
      > > format) psb files. Can anyone offer advice.
      >
      > What is the file size? If it's above 2 GB you won't have any luck with
      > photoshop. If it is below 4 GB and uncompressed you might be able to
      > compress it using tiffcp. Above 4GB the file is lost.

      Photoshop supports some - but not all - TIFF files up to 4GB... try it -
      create an image with 40,000x30,000 pixels, and save as uncompressed TIFF.
      Close, and reopen the file. Same for its ZIP and LZW compressors.

      That said, 150,000 pixels wide is likely to be larger than 4GB unless you
      JPEG-encode the image data or have a very flat, easily compressed image
      (TIFF's 4GB limit is for the encoded size, not uncompressed).