Re: [PanoToolsNG] ICCI360 Festival

  • Ian Wood
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 29 5:36 AM
      On 29 Apr 2010, at 09:30, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

      > But the floor will be full of people (hopefully)?

      Yes.

      > Using 3D it should not really be a problem to render any projections/
      > squashing, and later
      > inflate it vertically to twice the height or more, if only there
      > would be screen
      > available. It looks like there's a screen inside the dome, and that
      > the images are not
      > projected directly onto the "canvas", which I guess limits its
      > flexibiity, but increases
      > quality?

      Yes, there's a screen on the inside of the dome, making it much
      brighter and sharper than projecting directly onto the dome material.

      Ian
    • Ian Wood
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 29 5:39 AM
        On 29 Apr 2010, at 13:29, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

        > OK then, my application is on its way.:)

        :-)

        >> The date I've heard for getting the produced work in is 12th July,
        >> but
        >> I've no idea how elastic that is.
        >
        > That's a long time for setting things up for exhibit in September?

        It sounds a bit long to me as well, I was just going by the published
        date. From Mick's discussion with Martin it sounds like there is a
        longer period for production than that.

        Ian
      • michael crane
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 29 6:53 AM
          On Thu, April 29, 2010 1:39 pm, Ian Wood wrote:

          > It sounds a bit long to me as well, I was just going by the published
          > date. From Mick's discussion with Martin it sounds like there is a longer
          > period for production than that.

          I wouldn't take September as correct, I only recall there was some time
          between registering an interest and the exhibition.

          cheers

          mick
        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 29 8:02 AM
            On 29 Apr 2010 at 14:53, michael crane wrote:

            > On Thu, April 29, 2010 1:39 pm, Ian Wood wrote:
            > >

            > > It sounds a bit long to me as well, I was just going by the published
            > > date. From Mick's discussion with Martin it sounds like there is a longer
            > > period for production than that.
            >
            > I wouldn't take September as correct, I only recall there was some time
            > between registering an interest and the exhibition.

            According to the docs the registering/application was 29.4.
            The works should be submitted by 12.7 and the festival is between 13th and 18th
            September.
            That's 2 full months between 'ready' and 'go'?

          • panometr
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 29 3:37 PM
              Hi,

              Just to get the idea of the type of the screen, please have a look to this video panorama:
              http://www.charles3d.info/360video/360screen/krakow

              You still have 23 minutes...

              Karol Kwiatek
              University of Plymouth
            • Ian Wood
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 29 3:44 PM
                On 29 Apr 2010, at 23:37, panometr wrote:

                > You still have 23 minutes...

                Mine went out 30 minutes ago. Too busy telling other people about
                it... ;-)

                Ian