Re: [PanoToolsNG] ICCI360 Festival

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
      On 28 Apr 2010 at 20:30, Ian Wood wrote:

      > On 28 Apr 2010, at 18:38, michael crane wrote:
      >
      > > I talked with Martin Woolner last week I understand the deadline is
      > > not
      > > for submissions but for registering then you have 'till September to
      > > do
      > > it. ?
      >
      > Yes, tomorrow is just the deadline for ideas/registering an interest.

      OK then, my application is on its way.:)

      > The date I've heard for getting the produced work in is 12th July, but
      > I've no idea how elastic that is.

      That's a long time for setting things up for exhibit in September?

    • Ian Wood
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
        On 29 Apr 2010, at 09:30, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

        > But the floor will be full of people (hopefully)?

        Yes.

        > Using 3D it should not really be a problem to render any projections/
        > squashing, and later
        > inflate it vertically to twice the height or more, if only there
        > would be screen
        > available. It looks like there's a screen inside the dome, and that
        > the images are not
        > projected directly onto the "canvas", which I guess limits its
        > flexibiity, but increases
        > quality?

        Yes, there's a screen on the inside of the dome, making it much
        brighter and sharper than projecting directly onto the dome material.

        Ian
      • Ian Wood
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
          On 29 Apr 2010, at 13:29, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

          > OK then, my application is on its way.:)

          :-)

          >> The date I've heard for getting the produced work in is 12th July,
          >> but
          >> I've no idea how elastic that is.
          >
          > That's a long time for setting things up for exhibit in September?

          It sounds a bit long to me as well, I was just going by the published
          date. From Mick's discussion with Martin it sounds like there is a
          longer period for production than that.

          Ian
        • michael crane
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
            On Thu, April 29, 2010 1:39 pm, Ian Wood wrote:

            > It sounds a bit long to me as well, I was just going by the published
            > date. From Mick's discussion with Martin it sounds like there is a longer
            > period for production than that.

            I wouldn't take September as correct, I only recall there was some time
            between registering an interest and the exhibition.

            cheers

            mick
          • Bjørn K Nilssen
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
              On 29 Apr 2010 at 14:53, michael crane wrote:

              > On Thu, April 29, 2010 1:39 pm, Ian Wood wrote:
              > >

              > > It sounds a bit long to me as well, I was just going by the published
              > > date. From Mick's discussion with Martin it sounds like there is a longer
              > > period for production than that.
              >
              > I wouldn't take September as correct, I only recall there was some time
              > between registering an interest and the exhibition.

              According to the docs the registering/application was 29.4.
              The works should be submitted by 12.7 and the festival is between 13th and 18th
              September.
              That's 2 full months between 'ready' and 'go'?

            • panometr
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
                Hi,

                Just to get the idea of the type of the screen, please have a look to this video panorama:
                http://www.charles3d.info/360video/360screen/krakow

                You still have 23 minutes...

                Karol Kwiatek
                University of Plymouth
              • Ian Wood
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
                  On 29 Apr 2010, at 23:37, panometr wrote:

                  > You still have 23 minutes...

                  Mine went out 30 minutes ago. Too busy telling other people about
                  it... ;-)

                  Ian