Steven Wiltshire -- the human camera

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27 10:13 PM
      This guy Steven Wiltshire, an autistic savant
      http://www.mediavr.com/stevenwiltshire.htm

      is famous for being able to draw complex cityscapes from memory and there have been many tv programs about him
      He is in Sydney at the moment and I shot this of him drawing a Sydney view this morning. Amazing to see him drawing this complex scene from memory as a media circus revolved around him. The woman in the blue top is his sister. I thought he might be drawing a large panorama --which he often does -- but no luck with that.

      Peter M
    • Eric O'Brien
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27 11:45 PM
        An interesting tableau.

        So... the Media Circus. All sort of removed, tired and busy with
        themselves.

        The Artist.

        YOU.

        And... a few children. Where did the kids come from?? And note that
        it is THEY, not the Media, who are sneaking up to get a really close
        look. I'd bet that that blond girl wearing pink sneakers will be
        right at his elbow in another minute or two. :)

        I love it!

        eo