sphere stitching software

  • tom_a_sparks
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2010
      I have group of images (rendered, not seamless, space like)
      I wondering if the is a stitching program that can allow images to posistoned on a sphere?
    • Uri Cogan
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 19, 2010
        On 4/19/10 5:10 PM, tom_a_sparks wrote:

        > I have group of images (rendered, not seamless, space like)
        > I wondering if the is a stitching program that can allow images to
        > posistoned on a sphere?

        I'm not sure I understand "posistoned on a sphere" so I assume you want
        to change the projection to make it look like a ball. You don't need a
        "stitching" program for that.

        There is a photoshop filter called "flexify" by Flaming Pear
        (http://flamingpear.com/) that can re-map your image to spheres,
        mirrorballs, polar maps, plus about 20 other projections.

        Also check out Pano2VR (http://gardengnomesoftware.com) - it can take an
        image (usually equirectangular, but it can handle cube faces, etc.) and
        re-map it in some 15 different ways.

        --

        Uri Cogan
        http://www.uricogan.com

        * "There is no green on their planet, they killed their Mother" *

      • Uri Cogan
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 19, 2010
          On 4/19/10 5:10 PM, tom_a_sparks wrote:

          > I have group of images (rendered, not seamless, space like)
          > I wondering if the is a stitching program that can allow images to
          > posistoned on a sphere?

          Strangely enough, just after replying earlier, I received an email from
          someone in China who appears to be able to transfer printed,
          equirectangular images to a real, physical ball.

          Here is what I received:

          > With a panoramic picture I made an unique fongjing sphere, in the
          sphere as if there is a real world.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 26, 2010
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

            > On 4/19/10 5:10 PM, tom_a_sparks wrote:
            >
            > > I have group of images (rendered, not seamless, space like)
            > > I wondering if the is a stitching program that can allow images to
            > > posistoned on a sphere?
            > >

            > I'm not sure I understand "posistoned on a sphere" so I assume you want
            > to change the projection to make it look like a ball. You don't need a
            > "stitching" program for that.

            sorry for the late reply again,

            I am looking for something like skypaint (http://www.skypaint.com/), but without the need for another program (photoshop, etc) and full screen use some thing like krpano editor plugin

            tom
          • panovrx
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 26, 2010
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "tom_a_sparks" <tom_a_sparks@...> wrote:

              > I am looking for something like skypaint (http://www.skypaint.com/), but without the need for another program (photoshop, etc) and full screen use some thing like krpano editor plugin
              >
              > tom

              Blender has improved its realtime texturing capabilities recently and looks usable for this kind of thing now if you have good graphics card
              http://www.cmivfx.com/productpages/product.aspx?name=Blender_Texturing

              Peter M
            • Rick Drew
              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2010
                I just saw the commercial for the Sony cameras with "Sweep" panorama
                capturing. Hold the shutter release down, sweep the camera either
                horizontally or vertically and you have a panorama up to 224 degrees in a
                single pass. It's in a lot of different models. Looks interesting - anyone
                try one?

                Rick Drew

              • rvHD
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2010
                  Pretty cool for everyday use but limited to 7152 x 1080.

                  Romuald