Re: [PanoToolsNG] Open Camera Control project

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 13, 2010
      2010/4/13 Christian Bloch <Blochi@...>:
      > Well, the USB connection is very high on our list for OCC.
      > Using the Nintendo DS has the advantage over plain Arduino, that there is already an established user interface, and thanks to the Nintendo DS modding scene the programming is fairly easy to do.
      >
      > Blochi

      Christian, the more I think about it...
      with a pin-out of the main cameras battery grip....
      Take in account that many battery grips are mirroring the main camera
      dials and functions!!!!
      I've been looking them closely... Canon, Sony and Nikon ones DO offer
      a complete control
      Olympus, I do not fully understand
      Pentax seems to.
      Sigma does not.

      As simple remote one could think to buy 2 cheap batterygrips to wire
      2gether, so you end up with a bare grip on your hand with all
      controls.
      But you cannot program it!!
      If you wire it to a Nintendo DS with software and interface you can!!
      And you need only1 ;-)

      In my opinoin Nintendo DS should be ALWAYS the main interface of any
      eventual Arduino.
      It is the ideal place where to program the camera to do things.

      Graphical
      Touch
      Cheap
      Long lasting batteries
      Rugged enough

      Arduino is good for it can fit USB host...
      And could support wifi!!!!
      :-)
      But it is nothing without an human interface.

      --
      Luca Vascon.

      www.canalview.it
      www.officinepanottiche.com