Sharp reveals glasses-free 3D touchscreen display

  • esoteric.vision
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2010
      Okay I've got a question for the true techno-geeks out there. Sharp has made a 3D screen that you can use without the silly glasses. It works but projecting two different images (right and left eye) at two different angles. Assuming we capture the images stereoscopically (did I spell that right?), could we use this technology?

      http://www.gizmag.com/sharp-3d-glasses-free-touchscreen/14716/

      Best Regards,

      Ben
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2010
        I saw a computer version of this screen last year. They're quite nice
        actually. The work on the same principle as the many of the products you've
        seen since you were a child, "photographic mouse pads, sports cards, the 3d
        camera from the 80's etc".
        You're head must occupy an exact angle for best comfort, and the authoring
        must be calibrated very well. Live action usually doesn't feel nearly as
        nice as full cgi.
        I imagine all you need to do is create a properly verticle stripped image,
        calibrated to the display to show the effect properly.

        sacha

        --

        Sacha Griffin
        Southern Digital Solutions LLC