Re: [PanoToolsNG] Gigapixel question

  • L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz├ílez
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
      Thanks a lot Bernhard!

      I'm upgrading my equipment and I want to shoot my first Gigapixel pano (I'm
      not sure if Gigapixel is the future of panorama photography, but it's worth
      trying).

      2010/4/3 Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...>

      > However, some rules of thumb are here:
      > - A Camera with at least >10 mpix helps
      > - A good choice for a lens is 200 - 300mm depending on the crop factor
      > of your camera. Focal lengths below don't make much sense in terms of
      > final resolution and above 300mm things are starting to become tricky to
      > shoot.
      > - Use sturdy equipment (of course) the usual tripod and 360-head may be
      > too fragile to shoot without visible vibration.

      Haven't made calculations yet, but I hope that a focal length of 200mm on a
      Canon 50D mounted on my NN3 will be enough to make a test.

      Best regards from the subtropical regions of Mexico

      --
      L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
      felipe@...