Re: [PanoToolsNG] Lens cap for shaved 10.5mm lens

  • Jakob / Fotoverkstan
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
      Sorry, I mean I glued them into the cap, of course.

      Jakob

      Jakob / Fotoverkstan skrev 2010-04-02 20:54:

      > The pieces I cut of the lens hood I glued into the shade to make a stop
      > so that the shade isn't able to scratch the coating.
      >
      > Jakob

    • Uri Cogan
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
        On 4/2/10 10:31 AM, conan wrote:

        > I've recently shaved the 10.5mm lens which to my amazement went really
        > well. I am however a little unclear as to how to adapt the original
        > lens cap so it doesn't push down too far and hit the glass?
        >
        > My obvious method would be to make a thin lip further down the lens
        > with strong tape going around so the lens cap can't go any further but
        > I know it's going to look like a 'Sunday afternoon' bodge job.
        >
        > Any ideas to make it more professional looking?

        I don't know about "professional looking" but there are several options:

        1. glue the piece that you shaved off the lens into the inner periphery
        of the original lens cap.
        2. go to your neighbourhood hardware store and get a 2" rubber plumbing
        pipe cap. Mine is made by Ferenco inc. model QC-102. Works perfectly
        well but looks... who cares?

        --

        Uri Cogan
        http://www.uricogan.com

        * "There is no green on their planet, they killed their Mother" *

      • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
          Hi Uri

          We (I) want to see pictures!

          2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@...>

          > 2. go to your neighbourhood hardware store and get a 2" rubber plumbing
          > pipe cap. Mine is made by Ferenco inc. model QC-102. Works perfectly
          > well but looks... who cares?

          We (I) want to see pictures!

          Best regards from the subtropical regions of México

          --
          L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
          felipe@...

        • conan
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
            Excellent idea. The rubber ring idea would probably be perfect for what I need. Thanks for that.

            The lens pieces I cut off are in pretty much unusable shapes and sizes but would have worked as well had I done it correctly ;-)

            Thanks for all the posts, I'm off to the hardware store tomorrow.

            Andrew
          • Uri Cogan
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
              On 4/2/10 12:55 PM, L.D.I. Felipe B. González wrote:

              > We (I) want to see pictures!
              >
              > 2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@... <mailto:uri%40uricogan.com>>
              >
              > > 2. go to your neighbourhood hardware store and get a 2" rubber plumbing
              > > pipe cap. Mine is made by Ferenco inc. model QC-102. Works perfectly
              > > well but looks... who cares?

              Okay, go to http://www.uricogan.com/hood.jpg

              It'll be there for a day or two only...

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
                Cool cap!

                2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@...>

                > On 4/2/10 12:55 PM, L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez wrote:
                >
                > > We (I) want to see pictures!
                > >
                > > 2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@... <uri%40uricogan.com> <mailto:
                > uri%40uricogan.com <uri%2540uricogan.com>>>
                > >
                > > > 2. go to your neighbourhood hardware store and get a 2" rubber plumbing
                > > > pipe cap. Mine is made by Ferenco inc. model QC-102. Works perfectly
                > > > well but looks... who cares?
                > >

                > Okay, go to http://www.uricogan.com/hood.jpg
                >
                > It'll be there for a day or two only...
                >
                > --
                >
                > Uri Cogan
                > http://www.uricogan.com
                >
                > * "There is no green on their planet, they killed their Mother" *

                L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
                felipe@...
                1998-5246
                www.fpk.com.mx

              • Trausti Hraunfjord
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
                  .... "Better check your plumbing" ... does that include checking your camera
                  inventory if you have Nikons?

                  :)

                  Trausti

                  2010/4/2 L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...>

                  > Cool cap!
                  >
                  > 2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@...>
                  >

                  > > On 4/2/10 12:55 PM, L.D.I. Felipe B. González wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > We (I) want to see pictures!
                  > > >
                  > > > 2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@... <uri%40uricogan.com> <mailto:
                  > > uri%40uricogan.com <uri%2540uricogan.com>>>

                  > plumbing
                  > > >

                  > > Okay, go to http://www.uricogan.com/hood.jpg
                  > >
                  > > It'll be there for a day or two only...
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > >
                  > > Uri Cogan
                  > > http://www.uricogan.com
                  > >
                  > > * "There is no green on their planet, they killed their Mother" *

                  > L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                  > felipe@...
                  > 1998-5246
                  > www.fpk.com.mx
                  > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
                  >
                  > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
                  > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

                • Bjørn K Nilssen
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
                    On 2 Apr 2010 at 22:07, conan wrote:

                    > Excellent idea. The rubber ring idea would probably be perfect for what I need. Thanks for that.
                    >
                    > The lens pieces I cut off are in pretty much unusable shapes and sizes but would have worked as well had I done it correctly ;-)
                    >
                    > Thanks for all the posts, I'm off to the hardware store tomorrow.

                    While you're waiting for the hardware stores to open again after Easter, check out this
                    one: http://jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page413.htm