Re: [PanoToolsNG] Lens cap for shaved 10.5mm lens

  • Jakob / Fotoverkstan
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
      The pieces I cut of the lens hood I glued into the shade to make a stop
      so that the shade isn't able to scratch the coating.

      Jakob
    • Jakob / Fotoverkstan
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
        Sorry, I mean I glued them into the cap, of course.

        Jakob

        Jakob / Fotoverkstan skrev 2010-04-02 20:54:

        > The pieces I cut of the lens hood I glued into the shade to make a stop
        > so that the shade isn't able to scratch the coating.
        >
        > Jakob

      • Uri Cogan
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
          On 4/2/10 10:31 AM, conan wrote:

          > I've recently shaved the 10.5mm lens which to my amazement went really
          > well. I am however a little unclear as to how to adapt the original
          > lens cap so it doesn't push down too far and hit the glass?
          >
          > My obvious method would be to make a thin lip further down the lens
          > with strong tape going around so the lens cap can't go any further but
          > I know it's going to look like a 'Sunday afternoon' bodge job.
          >
          > Any ideas to make it more professional looking?

          I don't know about "professional looking" but there are several options:

          1. glue the piece that you shaved off the lens into the inner periphery
          of the original lens cap.
          2. go to your neighbourhood hardware store and get a 2" rubber plumbing
          pipe cap. Mine is made by Ferenco inc. model QC-102. Works perfectly
          well but looks... who cares?

          --

          Uri Cogan
          http://www.uricogan.com

          * "There is no green on their planet, they killed their Mother" *

        • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
            Hi Uri

            We (I) want to see pictures!

            2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@...>

            > 2. go to your neighbourhood hardware store and get a 2" rubber plumbing
            > pipe cap. Mine is made by Ferenco inc. model QC-102. Works perfectly
            > well but looks... who cares?

            We (I) want to see pictures!

            Best regards from the subtropical regions of México

            --
            L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
            felipe@...

          • conan
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
              Excellent idea. The rubber ring idea would probably be perfect for what I need. Thanks for that.

              The lens pieces I cut off are in pretty much unusable shapes and sizes but would have worked as well had I done it correctly ;-)

              Thanks for all the posts, I'm off to the hardware store tomorrow.

              Andrew
            • Uri Cogan
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
                On 4/2/10 12:55 PM, L.D.I. Felipe B. González wrote:

                > We (I) want to see pictures!
                >
                > 2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@... <mailto:uri%40uricogan.com>>
                >
                > > 2. go to your neighbourhood hardware store and get a 2" rubber plumbing
                > > pipe cap. Mine is made by Ferenco inc. model QC-102. Works perfectly
                > > well but looks... who cares?

                Okay, go to http://www.uricogan.com/hood.jpg

                It'll be there for a day or two only...

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
                  Cool cap!

                  2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@...>

                  > On 4/2/10 12:55 PM, L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez wrote:
                  >
                  > > We (I) want to see pictures!
                  > >
                  > > 2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@... <uri%40uricogan.com> <mailto:
                  > uri%40uricogan.com <uri%2540uricogan.com>>>
                  > >
                  > > > 2. go to your neighbourhood hardware store and get a 2" rubber plumbing
                  > > > pipe cap. Mine is made by Ferenco inc. model QC-102. Works perfectly
                  > > > well but looks... who cares?
                  > >

                  > Okay, go to http://www.uricogan.com/hood.jpg
                  >
                  > It'll be there for a day or two only...
                  >
                  > --
                  >
                  > Uri Cogan
                  > http://www.uricogan.com
                  >
                  > * "There is no green on their planet, they killed their Mother" *

                  L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
                  felipe@...
                  1998-5246
                  www.fpk.com.mx

                • Trausti Hraunfjord
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
                    .... "Better check your plumbing" ... does that include checking your camera
                    inventory if you have Nikons?

                    :)

                    Trausti

                    2010/4/2 L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...>

                    > Cool cap!
                    >
                    > 2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@...>
                    >

                    > > On 4/2/10 12:55 PM, L.D.I. Felipe B. González wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > We (I) want to see pictures!
                    > > >
                    > > > 2010/4/2 Uri Cogan <uri@... <uri%40uricogan.com> <mailto:
                    > > uri%40uricogan.com <uri%2540uricogan.com>>>

                    > plumbing
                    > > >

                    > > Okay, go to http://www.uricogan.com/hood.jpg
                    > >
                    > > It'll be there for a day or two only...
                    > >
                    > > --
                    > >
                    > > Uri Cogan
                    > > http://www.uricogan.com
                    > >
                    > > * "There is no green on their planet, they killed their Mother" *

                    > L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                    > felipe@...
                    > 1998-5246
                    > www.fpk.com.mx
                    > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
                    >
                    > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
                    > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

                  • Bjørn K Nilssen
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
                      On 2 Apr 2010 at 22:07, conan wrote:

                      > Excellent idea. The rubber ring idea would probably be perfect for what I need. Thanks for that.
                      >
                      > The lens pieces I cut off are in pretty much unusable shapes and sizes but would have worked as well had I done it correctly ;-)
                      >
                      > Thanks for all the posts, I'm off to the hardware store tomorrow.

                      While you're waiting for the hardware stores to open again after Easter, check out this
                      one: http://jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page413.htm