Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Tour wrist anyone?

  • Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
      > I almost regret I am not going.
      > What a sight seeing you all dancing around your iPhones to pan the
      > panoramas.
      >
      > Hans

      We could try to videotape that for your viewing pleasure :-D

      I am one of the poor soles in the world who doesn't own an iPhone.
      I don't own an iPhone because here in Portugal the main mobile carrier
      (TMN) doesn't have them and I am not switching to a second or third
      grade carriers to get the iPhone and start complaining all the time
      about the network ;-)
      Even if I decided to bite the bullet and switch I would have to choose
      between loose my number (which I used ever since there is such things as
      mobile phones) or have my callers listening to a recording about me
      switching networks every time they call me, which is pretty stupid and
      many people simple hangup and don't wait for the end of the recording!

      Os melhores cumprimentos,
      Best regards,

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Carlos Chegado

      Olho de Peixe Lda
      Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
      Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99

      || Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
      twitter.com/carloschegado ||

      www.xprints.com ||

      || 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||

      On 02-04-2010 23:04, Hans wrote:
      > I almost regret I am not going.
      > What a sight seeing you all dancing around your iPhones to pan the
      > panoramas.
      >
      > Hans

    • prague
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
        it appears to be one of many iphone pano viewers available via the app store or the mobile safari web browser (panos on the browser are compatible with all versions of firware and doesn't require the user to install anything).

        > Sure. And that has a real potential to boost panoramic imaging.
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF_HGIzxtYk
        >
        > Charles Armstrong will introduce Tourwrist at the Tucson conference and I guess a lot of people are really curious about this whole thing.
        >
        > J�rgen
        >

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bj�rn K Nilssen <bk@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Has any of you iPhone users tried this one?
        > > http://tourwrist.com/
        > > Looks like you can also get a snap-on fisheye for your iPhone there ;)
        > >
        > > --
        > > Bj�rn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

      • Andrew Crawford
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
          Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
          > Looks like you can also get a snap-on fisheye for your iPhone there ;)

          There are a number of other options for adding a fisheye converter to
          your iPhone, including the very inexpensive ($3 - $5 USD) iPhone fisheye
          stick-on lens called a "Jelly Lens" (search Amazon or your favorite
          search engine).

          At the high end, there is the Owle Bubo, which, I believe, has the same
          thread as the Nikon Coolpix cameras. So, you might be able to
          re-purpose your old Coolpix FC-E8 fisheye.

          http://www.wantowle.com/

          --
          Andrew Crawford
        • mick crane
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
            Andrew Crawford wrote:
            > Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
            >> Looks like you can also get a snap-on fisheye for your iPhone there
            but why ?
            I did manage to put a little magnifier in front of the iphone lens and
            get the spammers software to work on bar codes ( my life is complete )
          • Bjørn K Nilssen
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
              On 2 Apr 2010 at 11:47, Andrew Crawford wrote:

              > Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
              > > Looks like you can also get a snap-on fisheye for your iPhone there ;)
              >
              > There are a number of other options for adding a fisheye converter to
              > your iPhone, including the very inexpensive ($3 - $5 USD) iPhone fisheye
              > stick-on lens called a "Jelly Lens" (search Amazon or your favorite
              > search engine).
              >
              > At the high end, there is the Owle Bubo, which, I believe, has the same
              > thread as the Nikon Coolpix cameras. So, you might be able to
              > re-purpose your old Coolpix FC-E8 fisheye.

              I don't have (nor will I get) neither iPhone nor FC-E8.
              And I can't really imagine how I could possibly fit my Raynox DCR-CF185PRO fisheye
              converter on my little SonyEricsson K850i ;)

            • Andrew Crawford
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
                mick crane wrote:
                > Andrew Crawford wrote:
                >> Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
                >>> Looks like you can also get a snap-on fisheye for your iPhone there
                > but why ?
                > I did manage to put a little magnifier in front of the iphone lens and
                > get the spammers software to work on bar codes ( my life is complete )

                Apparently, some people like making super-low-quality panoramas. Check
                out the real estate industry, for example. ;)

                Still, it might be possible to generate something interesting with an
                iPhone. Remember, it can also do video.

                Possibly the top virtue is that someone's iPhone might be available in
                situations where no other camera is. I mostly take documentary photos
                with my iPhone. I can see where I might take a documentary panorama ...

                Personally, I wouldn't spend much on additional equipment to do
                panoramas with an iPhone. I do have the wide angle Jelly Lens. In my
                case, it wasn't just inexpensive, it was a gift. They also have a
                polarizer and a macro lens that actually do a pretty decent job.

                --
                Andrew Crawford
              • mick crane
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
                  Andrew Crawford wrote:

                  > Apparently, some people like making super-low-quality panoramas.

                  what was that thing about the russian camera ? really bad quality but
                  good looking results? there was fan_group, did any body do panoramas
                  with that ?
                  will google
                • Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
                    Hi Jürgen,

                    I don't have an iPhone but have heard from someone that has been playing
                    with the TourWrist app that they have a "Commission an HD Tour" button
                    which goes to a page that says "There's no better way to share your
                    space than to have a professional photograph it. ... all for about USD
                    150 per tour"

                    Who will be professionally shooting TourWrist HD Tours?

                    Os melhores cumprimentos,
                    Best regards,

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    On 02-04-2010 13:19, jrgen_schrader wrote:
                    > Sure. And that has a real potential to boost panoramic imaging.
                    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF_HGIzxtYk
                    > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF_HGIzxtYk>
                    >
                    > Charles Armstrong will introduce Tourwrist at the Tucson conference
                    > and I guess a lot of people are really curious about this whole thing.
                    >
                    > Jürgen

                  • Mark D. Fink
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
                      Holga?

                      Mark
                      www.pinnacle-vr.com
                      www.northernlight.net

                    • jrgen_schrader
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
                        Carlos, as you know our business pretty well I am not sure what you are aiming at with your question.

                        Are you in doubt that there are photographers who can shoot a decent panorama for 150 USD? Do you want names?

                        You also know that in a few days you will be able to address your questions directly to the leading head behind the App.

                        Best
                        Jürgen

                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com" <mail@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Jürgen,
                        >
                        > I don't have an iPhone but have heard from someone that has been playing
                        > with the TourWrist app that they have a "Commission an HD Tour" button
                        > which goes to a page that says "There's no better way to share your
                        > space than to have a professional photograph it. ... all for about USD
                        > 150 per tour"
                        >
                        > Who will be professionally shooting TourWrist HD Tours?
                        >
                        > Os melhores cumprimentos,
                        > Best regards,
                        >
                        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        >
                        > Carlos Chegado
                        >
                        > Olho de Peixe Lda
                        > Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
                        > Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99
                        >
                        > || Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
                        > twitter.com/carloschegado ||

                        > www.xprints.com ||
                        >
                        > || 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||
                        >

                        > On 02-04-2010 13:19, jrgen_schrader wrote:
                        > > Sure. And that has a real potential to boost panoramic imaging.
                        > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF_HGIzxtYk
                        > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF_HGIzxtYk>
                        > >
                        > > Charles Armstrong will introduce Tourwrist at the Tucson conference
                        > > and I guess a lot of people are really curious about this whole thing.
                        > >
                        > > Jürgen

                      • Hans
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010

                          > Carlos, as you know our business pretty well I am not sure what you are aiming at with your question.
                          >
                          > Are you in doubt that there are photographers who can shoot a decent panorama for 150 USD? Do you want names?
                          >
                          > You also know that in a few days you will be able to address your questions directly to >the leading head behind the App.

                          I almost regret I am not going.
                          What a sight seeing you all dancing around your iPhones to pan the panoramas.

                          Hans

                          > Best
                          > Jürgen
                          >

                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com" <mail@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi Jürgen,
                          > >
                          > > I don't have an iPhone but have heard from someone that has been playing
                          > > with the TourWrist app that they have a "Commission an HD Tour" button
                          > > which goes to a page that says "There's no better way to share your
                          > > space than to have a professional photograph it. ... all for about USD
                          > > 150 per tour"
                          > >
                          > > Who will be professionally shooting TourWrist HD Tours?
                          > >
                          > > Os melhores cumprimentos,
                          > > Best regards,
                          > >
                          > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          > >
                          > > Carlos Chegado
                          > >
                          > > Olho de Peixe Lda
                          > > Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
                          > > Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99
                          > >
                          > > || Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
                          > > twitter.com/carloschegado ||

                          > > www.xprints.com ||
                          > >
                          > > || 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||
                          > >

                          > > On 02-04-2010 13:19, jrgen_schrader wrote:
                          > > > Sure. And that has a real potential to boost panoramic imaging.
                          > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF_HGIzxtYk
                          > > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF_HGIzxtYk>
                          > > >
                          > > > Charles Armstrong will introduce Tourwrist at the Tucson conference
                          > > > and I guess a lot of people are really curious about this whole thing.
                          > > >
                          > > > Jürgen

                        • Trausti Hraunfjord
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
                            On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Hans <hans@...> wrote:

                            > I almost regret I am not going.
                            > What a sight seeing you all dancing around your iPhones to pan the
                            > panoramas.
                            >
                            > Hans
                            >
                            > Seems that things are getting more and more interactive :)

                            How does zoom in and out work? One has run to/from the position to be
                            zoomed in/out at? Close look at the nadir: One needs to bend down with the
                            iphone getting closer to the floor? Zoom up: Crawl a ladder?

                            Trausti

                          • prague
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 2, 2010
                              here is a pano made from that "iphone fisheye"

                              shot actually using a tmobile android g1

                              http://www.360cities.net/image/experiment-october-16-prague

                              it's passable if viewed on the iphone although the CA is still pretty bad. i did try correcting the CA via Aldo's ancient color channel resizing trick. hardly worth the time for such a pano. but interesting nevertheless.

                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bj�rn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

                              > Has any of you iPhone users tried this one?
                              > http://tourwrist.com/
                              > Looks like you can also get a snap-on fisheye for your iPhone there ;)
                              >
                              > --
                              > Bj�rn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

                            • Paulo Fernandes
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 3, 2010
                                But Carlos, I didn't bought my iPhone here in Portugal! Too expensive for
                                my taste.... I bought it used in UK, and after a little "magic"... voil�,
                                It's working on Vodafone :) No problem with network here in the north :D

                                And PLEASE, do videotape the "iPhone Dance" :P for those less fortunate of
                                us that can't go to Tucson :P

                                Com os melhores cumprimentos,

                                Paulo Fernandes
                                Multimedia

                                Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multim�dia
                                Cal�ada do Lidador, 22, 1�Andar
                                4480-690 Vila do Conde - Portugal
                                Tel. +351 252 119 375 - Fax. +351 252 119 375