RE: [PanoToolsNG] PTStitcherNG new feature: editing seams

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
      This seems good for automated setups where you don't need a hand patched in
      area etc.

      The content aware seam, seems to be just fine as well.

      I'm a little curious as to how it is handling areas with head artifacts. I
      haven't seen any issues.

      Before I would ensure any head piece was alpha masked.

      For non-completely automated stitches, using an input mask doesn't seem to
      be as good a work flow as the content aware mode.

      Would it be any help to specify per-image masks in conjunction with the
      content aware mode or does this mode handle such issues with no problems?

      It's a little tough to understand how to set the right seam using your
      noblend version overlayed with the indexed mask.. perhaps a better method in
      the tutorial would be to use a layered output and go old school with
      photoshop masks.

      Then it becomes crystal clear how each seam works with each image since you
      can see the result or maybe it leads to further confusion since the masks
      aren't a precise analog since they overlap.

      Sacha Griffin

      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      http://www.seeit360.net

      http://www.southern-digital.com