Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: QTVR 7.6.6 working on Windows 7 64 bit

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
      I never ever use that option in PTGui... the first times I tried to use the
      preview in PTGui, I was horrified at the bad quality (did I do something
      wrong?) and in any case it is only a few seconds of my time to get a perfect
      flash panorama view after rendering the pano from PTGui, using
      Flashificator... and that is a perfect solution, since it is the next step
      in the progress, to get the projects towards publishing.

      No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)

      Saludos y cuidate bien.

      Trausti

      2010/4/1 L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez <felipe@...>

      > Hi Trausti!
      >
      > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...<trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com>
      > >

      > > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
      > nice.
      > >
      > > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
      > >

      > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
      >
      > --
      > L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
      > felipe@... <felipe%40fpk.com.mx>
      > 1998-5246
      > www.fpk.com.mx
      > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
      >
      > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
      > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

    • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
        Hi Trausti!

        2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

        > No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)
        >
        > I don't think you'll be less grumpy ;-) Anyway, I like a preview image
        before creating my final panoramas. On a few ocassions previews have helped
        me detect stitching or leveling issues that would have passed unnoticed.

        --
        L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
        felipe@...

      • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
          BTW:qtvr is now working on my Wintel Vista64!
          Weird.

          2010/4/1, L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...>:
          > Hi Trausti!
          >
          > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>
          >
          >> Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
          >> nice.
          >>
          >> I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
          >>

          > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
          >
          > --
          > L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
          > felipe@...
          > 1998-5246
          > www.fpk.com.mx
          > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
          >
          > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
          > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

          --
          L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
          felipe@...
          1998-5246
          www.fpk.com.mx

        • Bostjan Burger
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
            It works!!! (W7 ... I didn't install to Vista U64). This is a very good news but unfortunately too late from the Apple...they missed the chance... we are now with flash...sorry!

            Bostjan

            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
              Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:

              > But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

              To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

            • Ken Warner
              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                Erik Krause wrote:
                > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:
                >
                >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
                >
                > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

              • Sacha Griffin
                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                  Why not use FSPviewer?

                  It’s much faster.

                  Sacha Griffin

                  Southern Digital Solutions LLC

                  http://www.seeit360.net

                  http://www.southern-digital.com

                  GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

                  404-551-4275

                  <mailto:trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com> >

                  > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
                  nice.

                  > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

                  So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                  .

                  d=40312/stime=1270173376/nc1=3848643/nc2=4025321/nc3=5741398>

                • Bjørn K Nilssen
                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                    On 2 Apr 2010 at 8:08, Sacha Griffin wrote:

                    > Why not use FSPviewer?
                    >
                    > It´s much faster.

                    But DevalVR is so smooth and nice :)

                  • Bostjan Burger
                    Message 9 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                      True...but the stiching process of example 12 images takes only few seconds and you can see the stiching errors in real ;)

                      :) Bostjan

                      > enough image quality to see stitch errors.
                      >
                      > Erik Krause wrote:
                      > > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B.
                      > González:
                      > >
                      > >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in
                      > PTGui.
                      > >
                      > > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use
                      > DevalVR...

                      >     PanoToolsNG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    • Paul Fretheim
                      Message 10 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                        Works with Vista in QuickTime player. This will take some pressure off
                        as far as transitioning all my products to Flash.

                        Paul Fretheim
                        Message 11 of 26 , Apr 3, 2010
                          Am 02.04.2010 14:58, schrieb Ken Warner:
                          > FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                          > enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                          does it meanwhile allow to tilt down completely (with the nadir in the
                          viewing window center)?

                          best regards
                        • Sacha Griffin
                          Message 12 of 26 , Apr 3, 2010
                            Yes. Set your viewer in options and you're done.

                            Message 13 of 26 , Apr 3, 2010
                              I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                              the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                              Still that is not a big problem...

                              Message 14 of 26 , Apr 4, 2010
                                Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                > the South Pole is not exactly in the center.

                                In the last version I tested it was at the lower border of the viewer
                                window. However, this doesn't seem to be the case any more...

                                Message 15 of 26 , Apr 4, 2010
                                  Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                  > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                  > the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                                  It was at the lower border of the viewing window in the last version I
                                  tested...

                                • Sacha Griffin
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Apr 4, 2010
                                    I've seen that too. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.