Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: QTVR 7.6.6 working on Windows 7 64 bit

  • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 1 6:56 PM
      Hi Trausti!

      2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

      > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that nice.
      >
      > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

      So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

      --
      L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
      felipe@...

    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 1 7:52 PM
        I never ever use that option in PTGui... the first times I tried to use the
        preview in PTGui, I was horrified at the bad quality (did I do something
        wrong?) and in any case it is only a few seconds of my time to get a perfect
        flash panorama view after rendering the pano from PTGui, using
        Flashificator... and that is a perfect solution, since it is the next step
        in the progress, to get the projects towards publishing.

        No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)

        Saludos y cuidate bien.

        Trausti

        2010/4/1 L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez <felipe@...>

        > Hi Trausti!
        >
        > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...<trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com>
        > >

        > > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
        > nice.
        > >
        > > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
        > >

        > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
        >
        > --
        > L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
        > felipe@... <felipe%40fpk.com.mx>
        > 1998-5246
        > www.fpk.com.mx
        > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
        >
        > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
        > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

      • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 1 8:00 PM
          Hi Trausti!

          2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

          > No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)
          >
          > I don't think you'll be less grumpy ;-) Anyway, I like a preview image
          before creating my final panoramas. On a few ocassions previews have helped
          me detect stitching or leveling issues that would have passed unnoticed.

          --
          L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
          felipe@...

        • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 1 9:43 PM
            BTW:qtvr is now working on my Wintel Vista64!
            Weird.

            2010/4/1, L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...>:
            > Hi Trausti!
            >
            > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>
            >
            >> Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
            >> nice.
            >>
            >> I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
            >>

            > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
            >
            > --
            > L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
            > felipe@...
            > 1998-5246
            > www.fpk.com.mx
            > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
            >
            > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
            > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

            --
            L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
            felipe@...
            1998-5246
            www.fpk.com.mx

          • Bostjan Burger
            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 1 11:45 PM
              It works!!! (W7 ... I didn't install to Vista U64). This is a very good news but unfortunately too late from the Apple...they missed the chance... we are now with flash...sorry!

              Bostjan

              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 2 3:04 AM
                Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:

                > But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

              • Ken Warner
                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 2 3:28 AM
                  FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                  enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                  Erik Krause wrote:
                  > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:
                  >
                  >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
                  >
                  > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

                • Sacha Griffin
                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 2 5:08 AM
                    Why not use FSPviewer?

                    It’s much faster.

                    Sacha Griffin

                    Southern Digital Solutions LLC

                    http://www.seeit360.net

                    http://www.southern-digital.com

                    GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

                    404-551-4275

                    <mailto:trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com> >

                    > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
                    nice.

                    > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

                    So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                    .

                    d=40312/stime=1270173376/nc1=3848643/nc2=4025321/nc3=5741398>

                  • Bjørn K Nilssen
                    Message 9 of 26 , Apr 2 5:11 AM
                      On 2 Apr 2010 at 8:08, Sacha Griffin wrote:

                      > Why not use FSPviewer?
                      >
                      > It´s much faster.

                      But DevalVR is so smooth and nice :)

                    • Bostjan Burger
                      Message 10 of 26 , Apr 2 5:31 AM
                        True...but the stiching process of example 12 images takes only few seconds and you can see the stiching errors in real ;)

                        :) Bostjan

                        > enough image quality to see stitch errors.
                        >
                        > Erik Krause wrote:
                        > > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B.
                        > González:
                        > >
                        > >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in
                        > PTGui.
                        > >
                        > > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use
                        > DevalVR...

                        >     PanoToolsNG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      • Paul Fretheim
                        Message 11 of 26 , Apr 2 2:53 PM
                          Works with Vista in QuickTime player. This will take some pressure off
                          as far as transitioning all my products to Flash.

                          Paul Fretheim
                          Message 12 of 26 , Apr 3 6:30 AM
                            Am 02.04.2010 14:58, schrieb Ken Warner:
                            > FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                            > enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                            does it meanwhile allow to tilt down completely (with the nadir in the
                            viewing window center)?

                            best regards
                          • Sacha Griffin
                            Message 13 of 26 , Apr 3 6:58 AM
                              Yes. Set your viewer in options and you're done.

                              Message 14 of 26 , Apr 3 9:14 AM
                                I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                                Still that is not a big problem...

                                Message 15 of 26 , Apr 4 1:35 PM
                                  Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                  > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                  > the South Pole is not exactly in the center.

                                  In the last version I tested it was at the lower border of the viewer
                                  window. However, this doesn't seem to be the case any more...

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Apr 4 1:52 PM
                                    Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                    > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                    > the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                                    It was at the lower border of the viewing window in the last version I
                                    tested...

                                  • Sacha Griffin
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Apr 4 2:12 PM
                                      I've seen that too. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.