Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: QTVR 7.6.6 working on Windows 7 64 bit

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
      Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that nice.

      I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

      Trausti

      On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM, conan <conanthedestroya222@...>wrote:

      > I haven't been using Quicktime for so long and completely switched to Flash
      > viewers. Installed Version 7.6.5 a week or so ago top see if they've made
      > any effort to get it supported in 64. Still nothing so left it.
      >
      > Saw this post this morning and now have V7.6.6 working on Win 7 Pro 64.
      >
      > Does this mean the PTGui preview will now work? Cool :-)
      >
      > Andrew

    • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
        Hi Trausti!

        2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

        > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that nice.
        >
        > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

        So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

        --
        L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
        felipe@...

      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
          I never ever use that option in PTGui... the first times I tried to use the
          preview in PTGui, I was horrified at the bad quality (did I do something
          wrong?) and in any case it is only a few seconds of my time to get a perfect
          flash panorama view after rendering the pano from PTGui, using
          Flashificator... and that is a perfect solution, since it is the next step
          in the progress, to get the projects towards publishing.

          No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)

          Saludos y cuidate bien.

          Trausti

          2010/4/1 L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez <felipe@...>

          > Hi Trausti!
          >
          > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...<trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com>
          > >

          > > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
          > nice.
          > >
          > > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
          > >

          > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
          >
          > --
          > L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
          > felipe@... <felipe%40fpk.com.mx>
          > 1998-5246
          > www.fpk.com.mx
          > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
          >
          > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
          > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

        • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
            Hi Trausti!

            2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

            > No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)
            >
            > I don't think you'll be less grumpy ;-) Anyway, I like a preview image
            before creating my final panoramas. On a few ocassions previews have helped
            me detect stitching or leveling issues that would have passed unnoticed.

            --
            L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
            felipe@...

          • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
              BTW:qtvr is now working on my Wintel Vista64!
              Weird.

              2010/4/1, L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...>:
              > Hi Trausti!
              >
              > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>
              >
              >> Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
              >> nice.
              >>
              >> I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
              >>

              > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
              >
              > --
              > L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
              > felipe@...
              > 1998-5246
              > www.fpk.com.mx
              > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
              >
              > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
              > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

              --
              L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
              felipe@...
              1998-5246
              www.fpk.com.mx

            • Bostjan Burger
              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
                It works!!! (W7 ... I didn't install to Vista U64). This is a very good news but unfortunately too late from the Apple...they missed the chance... we are now with flash...sorry!

                Bostjan

                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                  Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:

                  > But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                  To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

                • Ken Warner
                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                    FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                    enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                    Erik Krause wrote:
                    > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:
                    >
                    >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
                    >
                    > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

                  • Sacha Griffin
                    Message 9 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                      Why not use FSPviewer?

                      It’s much faster.

                      Sacha Griffin

                      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

                      http://www.seeit360.net

                      http://www.southern-digital.com

                      GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

                      404-551-4275

                      <mailto:trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com> >

                      > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
                      nice.

                      > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

                      So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                      .

                      d=40312/stime=1270173376/nc1=3848643/nc2=4025321/nc3=5741398>

                    • Bjørn K Nilssen
                      Message 10 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                        On 2 Apr 2010 at 8:08, Sacha Griffin wrote:

                        > Why not use FSPviewer?
                        >
                        > It´s much faster.

                        But DevalVR is so smooth and nice :)

                      • Bostjan Burger
                        Message 11 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                          True...but the stiching process of example 12 images takes only few seconds and you can see the stiching errors in real ;)

                          :) Bostjan

                          > enough image quality to see stitch errors.
                          >
                          > Erik Krause wrote:
                          > > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B.
                          > González:
                          > >
                          > >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in
                          > PTGui.
                          > >
                          > > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use
                          > DevalVR...

                          >     PanoToolsNG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        • Paul Fretheim
                          Message 12 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                            Works with Vista in QuickTime player. This will take some pressure off
                            as far as transitioning all my products to Flash.

                            Paul Fretheim
                            Message 13 of 26 , Apr 3, 2010
                              Am 02.04.2010 14:58, schrieb Ken Warner:
                              > FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                              > enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                              does it meanwhile allow to tilt down completely (with the nadir in the
                              viewing window center)?

                              best regards
                            • Sacha Griffin
                              Message 14 of 26 , Apr 3, 2010
                                Yes. Set your viewer in options and you're done.

                                Message 15 of 26 , Apr 3, 2010
                                  I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                  the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                                  Still that is not a big problem...

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Apr 4, 2010
                                    Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                    > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                    > the South Pole is not exactly in the center.

                                    In the last version I tested it was at the lower border of the viewer
                                    window. However, this doesn't seem to be the case any more...

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Apr 4, 2010
                                      Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                      > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                      > the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                                      It was at the lower border of the viewing window in the last version I
                                      tested...

                                    • Sacha Griffin
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Apr 4, 2010
                                        I've seen that too. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.