Re: QTVR 7.6.6 working on Windows 7 64 bit

  • conan
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 1 6:43 PM
      I haven't been using Quicktime for so long and completely switched to Flash viewers. Installed Version 7.6.5 a week or so ago top see if they've made any effort to get it supported in 64. Still nothing so left it.

      Saw this post this morning and now have V7.6.6 working on Win 7 Pro 64.

      Does this mean the PTGui preview will now work? Cool :-)

      Andrew
    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 1 6:52 PM
        Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that nice.

        I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

        Trausti

        On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM, conan <conanthedestroya222@...>wrote:

        > I haven't been using Quicktime for so long and completely switched to Flash
        > viewers. Installed Version 7.6.5 a week or so ago top see if they've made
        > any effort to get it supported in 64. Still nothing so left it.
        >
        > Saw this post this morning and now have V7.6.6 working on Win 7 Pro 64.
        >
        > Does this mean the PTGui preview will now work? Cool :-)
        >
        > Andrew

      • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 1 6:56 PM
          Hi Trausti!

          2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

          > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that nice.
          >
          > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

          So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

          --
          L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
          felipe@...

        • Trausti Hraunfjord
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 1 7:52 PM
            I never ever use that option in PTGui... the first times I tried to use the
            preview in PTGui, I was horrified at the bad quality (did I do something
            wrong?) and in any case it is only a few seconds of my time to get a perfect
            flash panorama view after rendering the pano from PTGui, using
            Flashificator... and that is a perfect solution, since it is the next step
            in the progress, to get the projects towards publishing.

            No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)

            Saludos y cuidate bien.

            Trausti

            2010/4/1 L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez <felipe@...>

            > Hi Trausti!
            >
            > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...<trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com>
            > >

            > > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
            > nice.
            > >
            > > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
            > >

            > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
            >
            > --
            > L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
            > felipe@... <felipe%40fpk.com.mx>
            > 1998-5246
            > www.fpk.com.mx
            > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
            >
            > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
            > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

          • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 1 8:00 PM
              Hi Trausti!

              2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

              > No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)
              >
              > I don't think you'll be less grumpy ;-) Anyway, I like a preview image
              before creating my final panoramas. On a few ocassions previews have helped
              me detect stitching or leveling issues that would have passed unnoticed.

              --
              L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
              felipe@...

            • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 1 9:43 PM
                BTW:qtvr is now working on my Wintel Vista64!
                Weird.

                2010/4/1, L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...>:
                > Hi Trausti!
                >
                > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>
                >
                >> Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
                >> nice.
                >>
                >> I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
                >>

                > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
                >
                > --
                > L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                > felipe@...
                > 1998-5246
                > www.fpk.com.mx
                > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
                >
                > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
                > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

                --
                L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                felipe@...
                1998-5246
                www.fpk.com.mx

              • Bostjan Burger
                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 1 11:45 PM
                  It works!!! (W7 ... I didn't install to Vista U64). This is a very good news but unfortunately too late from the Apple...they missed the chance... we are now with flash...sorry!

                  Bostjan

                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 2 3:04 AM
                    Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:

                    > But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                    To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

                  • Ken Warner
                    Message 9 of 26 , Apr 2 3:28 AM
                      FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                      enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                      Erik Krause wrote:
                      > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:
                      >
                      >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
                      >
                      > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

                    • Sacha Griffin
                      Message 10 of 26 , Apr 2 5:08 AM
                        Why not use FSPviewer?

                        It’s much faster.

                        Sacha Griffin

                        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

                        http://www.seeit360.net

                        http://www.southern-digital.com

                        GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

                        404-551-4275

                        <mailto:trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com> >

                        > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
                        nice.

                        > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

                        So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                        .

                        d=40312/stime=1270173376/nc1=3848643/nc2=4025321/nc3=5741398>

                      • Bjørn K Nilssen
                        Message 11 of 26 , Apr 2 5:11 AM
                          On 2 Apr 2010 at 8:08, Sacha Griffin wrote:

                          > Why not use FSPviewer?
                          >
                          > It´s much faster.

                          But DevalVR is so smooth and nice :)

                        • Bostjan Burger
                          Message 12 of 26 , Apr 2 5:31 AM
                            True...but the stiching process of example 12 images takes only few seconds and you can see the stiching errors in real ;)

                            :) Bostjan

                            > enough image quality to see stitch errors.
                            >
                            > Erik Krause wrote:
                            > > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B.
                            > González:
                            > >
                            > >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in
                            > PTGui.
                            > >
                            > > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use
                            > DevalVR...

                            >     PanoToolsNG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          • Paul Fretheim
                            Message 13 of 26 , Apr 2 2:53 PM
                              Works with Vista in QuickTime player. This will take some pressure off
                              as far as transitioning all my products to Flash.

                              Paul Fretheim
                              Message 14 of 26 , Apr 3 6:30 AM
                                Am 02.04.2010 14:58, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                > FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                                > enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                                does it meanwhile allow to tilt down completely (with the nadir in the
                                viewing window center)?

                                best regards
                              • Sacha Griffin
                                Message 15 of 26 , Apr 3 6:58 AM
                                  Yes. Set your viewer in options and you're done.

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Apr 3 9:14 AM
                                    I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                    the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                                    Still that is not a big problem...

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Apr 4 1:35 PM
                                      Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                      > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                      > the South Pole is not exactly in the center.

                                      In the last version I tested it was at the lower border of the viewer
                                      window. However, this doesn't seem to be the case any more...

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Apr 4 1:52 PM
                                        Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                        > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                        > the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                                        It was at the lower border of the viewing window in the last version I
                                        tested...

                                      • Sacha Griffin
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Apr 4 2:12 PM
                                          I've seen that too. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.