Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: digital britain

  • mick crane
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
      Wim Koornneef wrote:

      > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
      > then I
      > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

      No it is no joke. and it seems that they will rush it through in the
      end of parliament. It is as if they are poisoning the wells as they
      abandon the city.
      mick
    • mick crane
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
        Wim Koornneef wrote:

        > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
        > then I
        > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

        https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/contribute/DigitalEconomyBillAd
      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
          Here is what wikipedia has on it:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Economy_Bill

        • Robert Slade
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
            UK based photographers should visit:
            http://www.stop43.org.uk/
            and write to their MPs. Details on the website. Do it today before it is
            too late (time is running out - if this Bill is passed it could mean you
            lose control over your photographs, images and panoramics or anything
            else in which copyright subsists).
            Regards,
            Robert
            --

            --
            Robert Slade, Photographer
            Manor Photography 07890 564889
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
              > UK based photographers should visit:
              > http://www.stop43.org.uk/

              How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
              photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

              Tom!
            • Robert Slade
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
                Tom! Striewisch wrote:

                > > UK based photographers should visit:
                > > http://www.stop43.org.uk/ <http://www.stop43.org.uk/>
                >
                > How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
                > photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

                See:
                http://www.stop43.org.uk/pages/read_more.html
                Read the column, "Problems in details" and about half way down you will
                read how the Bill affects the rights of foreign photographers.
                Regards,
                Rob